all posts post new thread

Old Forum This isn't working.....

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

MGS5Snake

Level 2 Valued Member
Hi folks a month or so ago I posted a question about how one of my goals is to be able to perform 20 pull ups and/or chin ups and I'm still at a snag. I was doing 10 pull ups but not only have I not progressed but I have fallen down to 9 sometimes 8. The fighter pull up program is a fine program and I like it but it has only worked for me to a point and my luck with it has really run out. Does anyone have another program they can point in my direction?

Thanks everyone and again please do not think I am putting down the fight pull up program because it is a great program to use but just for me it has only worked to an extent.

Try taking a break from pull-ups and focus on snatches as well as decreasing body weight. http://www.strongfirst.com/how-we-train-for-the-tsc-at-tnt/

What is the fighter pull up program? (i'm doing chin ups with the GTG method at the moment)

Snake, how did you run the FPP, exactly? It is fairly easy to screw up if you do too much... or too little; but works very well for almost everybody if you do it 'right'.

Also, in the 9-10 RM range gtg is probably going to be your best bet, if that's possible.

A couple things that helped me with the FPP:

-Do not start out with your max resp. If your max is 10, start at 8.

-Do not feel like you need to follow the schedule exactly, but make sure you do 4-5 days a week

If you have the access, GTG definitely works well. But, you have to be able to get in ~10 sets of submaximal reps (1/3 to 1/2 max reps) throughout the day with plenty of rest in between.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom