all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Timeless simple reached

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

RandyC

Level 5 Valued Member
About a month ago I reached the timeless simple goal. I was training 5 days/week. I started to get pain in my left shoulder going down to my tricep. I decided to do Q&D for the last few weeks 3x/week. I noticed my shoulder is feeling better. My question is I really like the S&S protocol and would like to continue, should I cut down on the days/week and go back to it?

Last edited:
About a month ago I reached the timeless simple goal. I was training 5 days/week. I started to get pain in my left shoulder going down to my tricep. I decided to do Q&D for the last few weeks 3x/week. I noticed my shoulder is feeling better. My question is I would like the S&S protocol and would like to continue, should I cut down on the days/week and go back to it?
Cut back like @masa suggested and/or consider dropping the weight a bit. See how your shoulder reacts to the change, and take it from there. Pain is our body talking to us. If it persists, then you might be wise to seek out some qualified medical professional.

Congrats. I found cutting down to 3x/wk helped past timeless Simple. I also found doing something like this has helped spread the stress:

M: two handed swings @40kg 10x10, get ups at 32kg working in the 40kg

W: one handed swings @40kg 10x10, get up Singles or doubles at 32kg for total 10-20 reps

F: one handed swings @28 or 32 for 10x10, 5x20, or more... getup doubles (goal triples) at 32 until I lose the crispness

to be fair this is more or less borrowed from Pavel Macek, though I’m not sure he does multiple reps of get ups.

Pain might indicate you need to make changes. BJJ can be rough on a shoulder and the cumulative use may be aggravating it - speaking from personal experience, I’m not offering medical advice.

The pain has subsided, I will go back to S&S as I would like to reach the Sinister goal someday. I think what I should have done instead of changing protocols is drop the weight for some days or for a few weeks then ramp back up. This is what I will do going forward.

The pain has subsided, I will go back to S&S as I would like to reach the Sinister goal someday. I think what I should have done instead of changing protocols is drop the weight for some days or for a few weeks then ramp back up. This is what I will do going forward.
Do you have a training log on site?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom