all posts post new thread

Timing Profile Comparison

Justin_M

Level 6 Valued Member
Hopefully this provides some insight into energy system targeting. Here is a comparison of some timing profiles to show the shift from alactic toward lactic.
  1. Double C&J, 1x [20"]
  2. C&J, 3x [30"]
  3. Snatch/Ski, 5x [60"]
  4. VPP, 10x [90"]
  5. Q&D 033, 5/4 [3']
Polish_20230802_195922801.jpg

Last edited:
I was really surprised just how smooth those top two are, especially the top one. I thought there’d be a way more pronounced spike for each single! (With my very little knowledge of HR training or monitors)

I was really surprised just how smooth those top two are, especially the top one. I thought there’d be a way more pronounced spike for each single! (With my very little knowledge of HR training or monitors)
The "spike" ie a product of how much the work interval drives the HR up, combined with how long the rest period is that allows the HR to recover. That's the main difference in the top two -- a short rest interval, so HR recovery doesn't really being to take place and then work is done again... much more like (though still a few differences from) steady state cardio.

Very interesting. Here is my HR profile for KBSF Single LCCJ:

And someone got to tag @Harald Motz, the master of HR paintings :)

For the discussion, here's two hours of 16kg KB snatches at 10rpm, switching hands on the minute, and squatting 135 for 201 reps. I haven't been lately, but during the shut down/pandemic, I did a ton of circuit/interval work w. the HR monitor.
Screenshot 2023-08-13 12.14.09 PM.png
Screenshot 2023-08-13 12.19.03 PM.png

Back
Top Bottom