all posts post new thread

Barbell Titan T-3 Power Rack - Good?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Steve Freides

Staff
Senior Certified Instructor Emeritus
Elite Certified Instructor
I need a new power rack, look at a Titan T-3, 36" depth, 82" height, with drop-in bench, spotter platforms, safeties, roller j-hooks, and a Y-style dip attachment. It's about the same footprint and feature set as what I now have, but features are better: closer spacing for j-hook placement, a bench that I know will always be in the right place, platforms for spotters.

There are a lot of more expensive things out there but these seems like what I need. I'd love to hear experiences with this rack, with the company Titan, etc. Runs around $1k for everything - rack, weight holders, bench, spotter platforms, safeties, roller j-hooks.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

-S-

I don't have experience with that rack, but I have bought several things from Titan and the experience has always been good. Their instructions are mostly garbage, but the products are the expected quality at the price point and their shipping has always been on time or faster than expected.

Overall, I haven't had any problems with any of their stuff so far, and I expect the rack is of equal quality, meaning the biggest problem will probably be the finish and not the metal itself.

I had one in my last garage gym. It was great, just remember to bolt it down.
Thanks - we've never bolted down a power rack here. The rack will sit on 3/4" deadlift mats, and I will get the 4 weight holders that are an option, so that's been enough for us in the past - we just shove it back into place as needed and, so far, that hasn't been a problem.

-S-

Thanks - we've never bolted down a power rack here. The rack will sit on 3/4" deadlift mats, and I will get the 4 weight holders that are an option, so that's been enough for us in the past - we just shove it back into place as needed and, so far, that hasn't been a problem.

-S-
If you're not planning on bolting it down, perhaps you could consider the X-3 rack as it is flat foot and designed to not need to be bolted while everything else is pretty much the same:

-S-
I had that same setup initially. It has a tendency to start bowing in after a couple heavy reracks in an unsettling manner. It was more so than previous racks I have had free standing. I'd say it had over six inches of travel.

It actually took a fair bit of effort to get it square again when I decided to bolt it in place when we built a deadlift platform.

Also worth noting that I purchased mine in 2018ish. Titan has changed a lot during their pandemic boom, so their quality might be a bit better and it could be a non issue.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom