all posts post new thread

Recommendations/Reviews/FS/WTB Titan "Twistlock Pro Barbell Collars"

Products recommendations and reviews, items For Sale or Wanted To Buy
I’m thinking - Father’s Day.

-S-
ME TOO!

IF they hold things together. Heck, even if they hold things together moderately well, that'd be enough. They look very cool!

On a similar topic, I've found most collars, cheap or expensive, generally do an adequate job keeping the plates on the barbell for the things I do. If I was doing a lot of OL and dropping weights regularly from overhead, I'd probably be pickier but I don't need to be.

Makes me happy with mine.
I don't know... Coop recommends the Rogue collar and then says the Titan collars are too expensive? (and they're basically the same cost considering that I'm going to pay shipping w. Rogue and Rogue stuff is never cheap...).

Screw it - imma get a pair.

I don't know... Coop recommends the Rogue collar and then says the Titan collars are too expensive? (and they're basically the same cost considering that I'm going to pay shipping w. Rogue and Rogue stuff is never cheap...).

I have those Rogue aluminum lever ones he said were really good, and I’m pretty happy with them. I could definitely see the Titan ones being handy - easier and quicker on/off, and the magnetic bits is pretty cool, I’ve glued rare earth magnets on mine so they don’t just end up on the floor. But after watching the video I said eh I’m happy with mine.

Coop is just a shill nowadays anyway, sold the channel while ago and was kept on as the face.

Pretty sure he said the SYQQ collars are too expensive.

I have those Rogue aluminum lever ones he said were really good, and I’m pretty happy with them. I could definitely see the Titan ones being handy - easier and quicker on/off, and the magnetic bits is pretty cool, I’ve glued rare earth magnets on mine so they don’t just end up on the floor. But after watching the video I said eh I’m happy with mine.
Same. Super solid. And my inexpensive IRONBULL STRENGTH collars are also pretty good.

Pretty sure he said the SYQQ collars are too expensive.
He recommends these in the video, I think, over the Titan collars. That's fine I guess but don't say it's a cost thing - w. shipping, they're about the same price as the Titan collars. I mean, really, does the $5-10 difference after shipping matter? (edit - I just bought the collars - they were $65. The Rogue w. calculated shipping are $63)

That said, I've bought $20 collars that are probably just about as good as anything under $100 (though arguably perhaps less durable) - so if cost is the issue, then go to those, not shill for Rogue.

Last edited:
He recommends these in the video, I think, over the Titan collars. That's fine I guess but don't say it's a cost thing - w. shipping, they're about the same price as the Titan collars. I mean, really, does the $5-10 difference after shipping matter? (edit - I just bought the collars - they were $65. The Rogue w. calculated shipping are $63)

That said, I've bought $20 collars that are probably just about as good as anything under $100 (though arguably perhaps less durable) - so if cost is the issue, then go to those, not shill for Rogue.
My point, 149 for the SYQQ is crazy talk.

Coop is just a shill nowadays anyway, sold the channel while ago and was kept on as the face.
Whatever the business dealings behind what he does, I enjoy his reviews. I thought his comments about the new Titan collar were pretty reasonable.

For me, in daily training, ease of getting collars on and off matters more than how tightly they hold, e.g., his test of turning the bar on end with plates on it isn't something I'm every going to subject my equipment to.

-S-

I needed another set of collars - just bought something used on ebay, waiting for them to arrive.

$20 including shipping.

-S-

I have a pair ( rogue ) at my place, which a client bought. They work fine, but for me the tactile feel and looks are so so. And for some reason I like magnets, so I'm sticking with my Cool Looking first impression, and that was before I knew they had magnets. ;)

I needed another set of collars - just bought something used on ebay, waiting for them to arrive.

$20 including shipping.

-S-
Yeah, I have $10-20 collars I bought on Amazon that are just as good as most. I don't think they'd hold 180lb on a totally upended barbell, but they do the job.
I wonder what this guy is using, because they did a good job too:
still smiling.png

Back
Top Bottom