all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Top stretches for S&S lifters

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

camaro hair

Level 1 Valued Member
I was wondering what might be considered the "top" 3-5 stretches for lifters doing the S&S program. On off days, that is. Hip flexors? Hamstrings?

Thanks for your help.

Probably the stretches in the S&S book!

Moving past that, Relax into Stretch is well worth a read.

But what stretches you perform will depend on what you want to improve.

It depends on where you need to focus. My shoulders are very mobile, so I don't do too much there. I focus on my hips, hammies, and inner-thighs. My favorites are triangle, downward dog, and a straddle with forward fold. I like to sit on a pillow or yoga block when straddling because it helps my fold my pelvis forward.

A good friend is a yoga instructor, certified TRX, certified acro yoga, etc. A very athletic approach to say the least. We've done a few privates and I have a few great full body nightly routines she's developed for me, but the bang for the buck movements for me are the three above.

As I see it, the answer depends on the practitioner. Personally, I do not "stretch" as I am in the "mobilize at the point of the restriction" camp. As a result, if I come across a restriction doing the warm-up then I work on it.

Two texts that I have found to be beneficial are Becoming a Supple Leopard and Roll Model. The first comes out of the strength and conditioning world while the second comes out to the yoga community.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom