all posts post new thread

Old Forum Total Tension KB Complex

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Ricky01

Level 6 Valued Member
Good morning pavel

I am wanting to start your 'Total tension KB complex' program but have a couple of issues.

My KB's are not very heavy. Would it be ok to use db's or maybe even a barbell (subbing BB row for renegade row)? I know its not perfect but I don't want to miss out on a great program.

I am looking to gain about 5-10lbs in hopefully 12-14 weeks. My diet is pretty good just now so I am hoping this is achievable.

I have been having some issues with focusing on one program and this obviously does not help in reaching goals. Do you think only using 4 exercises ok? I would love to run it twice, sound ok?

Thank you for your time.

Regards

Richard

Richard I ran the TT complex to a tee and have to say I love it. I put on 8 lbs of solid muscle.  After 6 weeks I went with 2 weeks of conditioning and recovery with Simple and sinister. I followed that with Armor building rotating around 1clean, 3presses, 2 squats and 2clean, 1press, 3 squats for 6 weeks and so on. I wouldn't do it twice in a row personally. Of course I am scaring the crap out of 50yo and recovery is key. I can't speak about dumbbells or barbells although if you do cleans, presses and front squats with proper programming I don't see how you couldn't get strong. Good Luck

Thanks for the reply Matt, appreciate it.

Did you find any areas not growing? I ask as there isn't any chest work. now don't shoot me down for asking that. I'm just curious. its by no means a deal breaker, more of an observation.

I know running it twice might not be advisable for everyone. As someone approaching 30 iv started to map more attention to recovery so might not run it twice.

I like short to the point workouts and this looks like it could be, even when the ladder numbers increase.

Might have to run it twice a week occasionally, but don't see that being a problem.

Richard

The things I noticed were Shoulders, arms, legs, I didn't really pay attention to chest. You could always do the Bear protocol for bench then move right into TT a couple times a week. It usually took me around 45min-1hr but then my warmups and cool downs are pretty extensive. I also finished my last week w/dbl 32kg and one final with the dbl 36kg. I definitely got stronger.

For anyone who hasn't read the blog being discussed here, a link:

http://www.strongfirst.com/total-tension-kettlebell-complex

-S-

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom