all posts post new thread

Old Forum Training plan for police spec op test.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Dolphinho

First Post
Hi!

Im planning my training in front of a upcoming test for our national police spec op force and would appreciate some inputs and thoughts.

I don't exactly know what is coming on the test but a few standard recommendations are:

Pull ups with 20 kg extra; 6

bench press: Bw

clapping push ups: 30

OH lunges 40 kg: 30

Hard cross country running 5 km: under 22 min

and top off this a couple of underwater test, ropeclimbing, fighting etc.

So, I have to be pretty "wide" in my preparations.

My idea is:

Day 1: Strenght

DL 5-3-1

Side press KB: 3-2-1x 2

Weight tac pullups: 3-2-1x2

Power snatch and OH squat: 5:2

Loaded carries dif types.

Day 2:

Correctives/mobility/swim/fighting

Day 3 S&S ( could be combined with one of above)

Day 4: See Day 2

Day 5: Strenght

Zerch squat 5-3-1

Power cleans: 5:2

one arm bench press: 5:2

Rows: plank rows, Bat wings etc.

Loaded carries dif types.

Day 6 See day 2

Day 7: See day 3.

Day 8 See Day 2

Day 9: repeat.

All above are ex. Sometimes life, work and other stuff mess things up.

To the questions.

My really weak spot is my pushes. Especially my clapping push ups are a bit out of standard range,

the rest is ok. I have not run in a couple of years but I'm a pretty decent runner so I think that will solve. But I need to improve my push ups. Do you think its a idea to do the push ups in the S&S days?

Ex after each set of swings, do 5 clapping push ups.

Or shall I just GTG the push ups during the not strenght days?

I hope I haven't messed things up in the post to much.

Thank you in advance!

Yoel,

How much time do you have?  Is it a loaded run?

You don't seem to be training for your goals / battery standards.

If by, "the rest is ok", you mean that you meet the other standards, then just get stronger and work to improve your PUs ... one heavy day of BP and one speed day will take care of two birds with one stone; then just practice your PUs twice/week somewhere.

Do not assume the run will take care of itself.  Batteries are much more difficult than single events.

I can work with you in more detail if I had more info ... berto.ciampa@gmail.com  I invite you to use it.

-Al

If you have the ability to "grease the groove" for your push ups that might be the best way to boost your numbers quickly. Since it's a ballistic movement you won't want to do them every day though, but frequent practice may help. You want to learn how to get into a rhythm do them with the least amount of energy expenditure. Al's recommendation of speed bench presses is also a good one.

Definitely practice running. I have not run much over the last year and just started again to prepare for physical tests. My endurance is fine, but my shins and ankles are not conditioned to the beating that running outs on them. Even just one or two easy 2-3 miles runs a week will pay off.

Hi and thanks both of you for your answers.

Al, I have wrote a email to you. Thank you.

Andy, Yes, you´re right about the running and I started it up today just to ease in to it and give the body time to adapt to it. I feel that the endurance is fine but the running muscles need to tone up a bit so I think it is smart to start it up in time. Thank you!

Take care.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom