all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Training suggestions

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Etre

First Post
Hey there looking for some help with training suggestions. I have got lazy lately and after a game of football I realize how unfit I am. I am not much overweight but my cardio is rubbish. With my left shoulder impinged I can do tgu so I can not do s&s which was my go to fitness regime. I have a pretty busy life so the short s&s sessions really suit me. I am looking for alternative exercises or programs you may have that I could try. I have 2x24kg bells. Any help would be great. TIA

@Etre
Welcome to SF

My counsel would be to get your shoulder issue completely understood and some resolution in place, prior to seeking training programmes.

I too have an impingement issue; which I had diagnosed by a sports medicine Doctor; followed by physiotherapy.

I'll second a couple things that have already been said:
-Get a professional to look at your shoulder so you know exactly what's going on. Also (once you get cleared), have a professional look at your movements quality. I'm curious as to why your shoulder is dinged up in the first place. Many pressing and pulling movements that protect against impingement if done properly will cause impingement if done improperly. This includes the TGU.
-Do what you can. If you can't go overhead, just do the swing portion of S&S. If you can't pull anything heavy, you can still do S&S style hill/stair sprints (sprint for 10-15 seconds, rest fully, and repeat). If you don't have a place you can sprint, you can do air squats in the corner; set a timer for 10-15 minutes and do sets of 10 with enough rest between sets to keep them snappy and springy.

Good luck!

P.S. I have heard good things about dead hangs, but I don't have any experience with them. Probably worth a look into.

I would be content with only swinging and double front squats if unable to go overhead. Maybe something like a Litvinov . If not going to sprint just do 10 front squats immediately followed by 10 swings then long rest... repeat for however long you have time.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom