TRT Update - 6 Weeks

keithwrightnh@gmail.

Level 5 Valued Member
Soon to be 56.
Started TRT about 6 weeks ago.
Under Drs guidance.
Dosage: 100mg injection once a week.

So far I have noticed a lot of improvements:

• Sex drive thru the roof - constantly horny, even at night when I wake up to go pee. I haven't felt this level of drive in a long time and I didn't even know I had a problem here. I think I had forgotten what a sex drive felt like.
  • Feeling like I am recovering better from my strength training. And feeling like my back and left tennis elbow tendonitis is finally starting to heal up at a faster rate...may be in my head but sure feels that way.
  • Way more energy throughout the day
  • Significantly less brainfog. This is a big one as I have been complaining this to my doc for about three years. I would often feel like a zombie come nighttime. Now I feel almost normal, like I could actually go out on a Friday night and enjoy a summertime concert, for example.
Other things I have noticed have been a significant increase in thirst for some reason, and oily skin, especially my back. I have always had oily skin until I got older...so seems like that oilyness has come back for whatever reason. Also sensitive nipples?

I just had my blood work done. My first bloodwork after starting TRT injections (Testosterone Cypionate). Everything was fine except my total testosterone. That shot up as out of range high - to above 1300. Prior to this my total testosterone was about 330 to 350. So doc now wants me to cut down slightly on my dose. But I'm also gonna split the dose into two weekly injections as I am noticing a return of some symptoms on day 6 and 7. So I am hoping that splitting the dose in half and taking on Sunday and Wednesday morning will help me keep things a little more smooth so I'm not crashing on day 7 and finding myself saying "I can't wait till Monday so I can get another shot and feel better."

Anyway, just wanted to update the group with my results in case anyone is curious.

I'll do more blood work in July so we'll see how I continue to improve over the next few months. I have had some people mention that it can take a good 6 months of being on testosterone to start feeling like your old self all the time. We'll see.

Significantly less brainfog. This is a big one as I have been complaining this to my doc for about three years. I would often feel like a zombie come nighttime. Now I feel almost normal, like I could actually go out on a Friday night and enjoy a summertime concert, for example.
I am often just absolutely DONE by 9pm. Some of that is age, but some of that is because I've worked hard all day then done housework, walked the dog, and lifted weights - I should be tired and it'd be weird if I wasn't!

I have some training logs I kept in my teens and early 20s. I literally could have swam 10 miles, lifted weights, AND gone out drinking at night. It's crazy and I'm not sure I'd even want to do that anymore even if I could.
Also sensitive nipples?
This could be a very good thing or a very bad thing.

I am often just absolutely DONE by 9pm. Some of that is age, but some of that is because I've worked hard all day then done housework, walked the dog, and lifted weights - I should be tired and it'd be weird if I wasn't!

I have some training logs I kept in my teens and early 20s. I literally could have swam 10 miles, lifted weights, AND gone out drinking at night. It's crazy and I'm not sure I'd even want to do that anymore even if I could.

This could be a very good thing or a very bad thing.
So true I haven't quite figured that out yet. I'm guessing it probably has something to do with my estrogen levels rising, which apparently happens once you raise testosterone.

There is a video (which I've misplaced) where a functional medicine doc talks about various natural protocols to boost T without resorting to TRT replacement. His argument against TRT is that once you're on it you have to stay on it as once you go off your T will drop below your previous baseline. The aromatizing mentioned by @watchnerd above is a real problem.

There is a video (which I've misplaced) where a functional medicine doc talks about various natural protocols to boost T without resorting to TRT replacement. His argument against TRT is that once you're on it you have to stay on it as once you go off your T will drop below your previous baseline. The aromatizing mentioned by @watchnerd above is a real problem.
That would be the issue with taking hormones. Once your body has additional hormones introduced, it stops making it naturally. Then people end up having higher estrogen because the body gets confused. I agree though, it would be better to do everything you can to check your diet, activity level, sleep, etc to be the healthy person you need to be without any substance.

That would be the issue with taking hormones. Once your body has additional hormones introduced, it stops making it naturally. Then people end up having higher estrogen because the body gets confused. I agree though, it would be better to do everything you can to check your diet, activity level, sleep, etc to be the healthy person you need to be without any substance.
I'll try and dig up the video. Spoiler Alert: because he's a doc treating patients, he won't reveal the protocols he used but he tried them on himself and got his T up over 500 the first time and then 784 the second time (he claims 500 is where the health effects occur so after that is all gravy.) Of course, he's not claiming he's the only doc who can do this but its encouraging that he tries protocols out on himself (based on his analysis of his own individual biochemistry).

1 It’s not always true that once you go on TRT you have to stay on it for life and that your testosterone will dip below your previous level. There are drugs that bodybuilders use to get things going again for fertility and T that have been around for decade’s.

2 I brought my T from 300 to 565 in a couple of months using supplements. As I continued monthly testing my T was like waves of the sea going up and down so I stopped concerning myself with it. T replacement depends on how you feel so congrats to the original poster.

3 It’s also not true that you can’t build muscle with levels in the 300’s.

1 It’s not always true that once you go on TRT you have to stay on it for life and that your testosterone will dip below your previous level. There are drugs that bodybuilders use to get things going again for fertility and T that have been around for decade’s.
HCG Expert opinion: The testosterone and sperm production triggering effects of HCG without the side effects on fertility seen in testosterone replacement therapy make HCG therapy a prime candidate for patients suffering from secondary hypogonadism. PUBMED

CLOMID Conclusion: Clomiphene citrate is an effective therapy on short and long term, improving both clinical symptoms and biochemical markers of male hypogonadism with few side effects and good safety aspects. PUBMED

2 I brought my T from 300 to 565 in a couple of months using supplements. As I continued monthly testing my T was like waves of the sea going up and down so I stopped concerning myself with it. T replacement depends on how you feel so congrats to the original poster.

STACK Six months of testing approximately 2 hour window. When I started the stack the first couple of days I felt I was driving more aggressive so I became mindful. Over time I did not notice much effect in the gym. The gains I did obtain I attribute to proper programming “StrongFirst” load waving, practice reps and not going to failure.

ORGANIC ASHWAGANDA 800mg (dr. mercola)
TONGKAT ALI COMPLEX 1020mg (double wood)
DHEA 200mg (life extension) tested levels? yes.
DIM DIINDOLYMETHANE 400mg (double wood)
BORON 6mg (life extension)

3 It’s also not true that you can’t build muscle with levels in the 300’s.

No 300’s may not be optimal but you can get stronger and build muscle you just have to do all things needful eating, sleeping, programing more perfect than when your in your 20’s and 30’s.

*Again congratulations to the original post glad you feel better.*

Back
Top Bottom