TRX mount on slanted ceiling?

Discussion in 'Other' started by wespom9, Oct 11, 2018.

1. wespom9

wespom9 Strong Member of the Forum Certified Instructor

I'm looking to attach a TRX mount at the facility I do S&C for baseball players, but our mini-dungeon (basically a storage area haha) has a slanted ceiling. I've consulted with Dr. Google to no avail. Does anyone have experience doing this, has it worked, is it safe?

Much appreciated!

2. offwidth

offwidth Strong, Powerful, Explosively Athletic Member of the Forum

As long as what you are attaching to is solid what would it matter? Unless I am missing something?

Can you share a picture?

3. Bro Mo

Bro Mo Strong Member of the Forum

You could use an eye bolt directly into the ceiling joists instead if the bolts for the TRX mount don't work for some reason.

4. Bret S.

Bret S. Strong, Powerful Member of the Forum Certified Instructor

Here's what I did for my rings setup, this will work on slanted ceilings too. Pre-drill the correct size using lag bolts. Mine are 3/8" x 3" I believe. You can't tell from the pic but they're bolted to the ceiling joists.
    20181011_082906_Film1.jpg

ShawnM and fractal like this.
  5. wespom9

wespom9 Strong Member of the Forum Certified Instructor

TRX.png
    I truly don't know if I'm missing something! I would assume there is a beam that I could drill into. I don't feel like it would affect the TRX but just thinking safety.
    For what it's worth, it's a narrow room. I primarily want the kids to use it for TRX rows, and will be using it parallel to the length of the room (literally almost not wide enough to work on rows the other way)

@Brett S with your set up, can you get completely parallel to do a horizontal row? Hard to tell, but it looks like you've attached it in a corner where the ceiling meets the wall

6. Bret S.

Bret S. Strong, Powerful Member of the Forum Certified Instructor

The mounts are in joists which are spaced at 24"
    There is room underneath to do any ring exercise. The insulating foil on the adjoining bays is missing. If you lag into joists and pre-drill to avoid splitting the wood it will support 1000's of pounds of dead load, live load support will be several hundred pounds at least. Plenty of strength.

20181011_082854_Film1.jpg