all posts post new thread

Old Forum Two Questions : Ankles and F&L

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Remadna Sofiane

Level 5 Valued Member
One of StrongFirst Principles is to develop Maximal Strength as a foundation for other qualities.

Should we apply that to Ankle /Calves too ( There are great exercices in Beyond Bodybuilding for that) or ignore them because Ankles doesn't produce strength as much as proximal joints (Pavel had proposed jump rope in supplement to a general program, which is great for developping this capacity to store elastic energy)?

Second Question is just to know where we could find science explaining Fast and Loose exercices ?

Have you looked for the answer to your second question in the Fast and Loose book or DVD?

Speaking for myself, one-legged work seems to do what I need for feet, ankles, and calves.

-S-

Sofiane, strength is great to have in every muscle—but there is only so much time and energy.  Unless jumping is your event, general exercises like squats and deadlifts will train your calves  enough.

Regarding your F&L question, the sources are Soviet: textbooks, by Zimkin, Matveev, etc.

Sofiane, you're welcome.

If you want to do some ankle and other similar exercise, you might consider looking for a time in your schedule when you don't have competitions or other priorities and focusing on that sort of thing more for a few weeks.  I do this and to good effect, e.g., I might take a few weeks and work on pistols or one-legged deadlifts.  As Pavel mentions, it's hard to find time for everything, and you won't usually find me doing those exercise within 3 months of a powerlifting meet, but if I don't have anything for a while, then I might make those the focus of my training for a month or maybe even two.

Best of luck to you.

-S-

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom