all posts post new thread

Old Forum Type of Bell In Training for SFG

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

yadmit

Level 5 Valued Member
I currently practice with both competition bells (I use these in my classes for the most part) and cast iron bells.  I have access to a very limited amount of cast iron bells.

I'm seriously considering trying for SFGI and am wondering (since cast iron are used) if getting my hands on a couple would be a better idea than training and practicing for the SFG with competition bells.  I like the feel of comp bells, but am curious if using them would be a bit of a detriment to the SFG course.

Thanks!

t

If your snatch test isn't difficult for you, then the difference won't be a big deal.  But if you're taking the SFG course, then you might as well get in some practice with the type you'll use there, sure.

-S-

Thanks, Steve... I haven't tried the snatch test in ages... I may give it a go next week.  I'm not planning on the SFG course (I have HKC), but am seriously contemplating SFGI next year.

I haven't tested yet.  I'm currently doing S&S and was more curious about whether or not training for an SFG would be better with standard cast iron bells or comp bells.

Thanks, Pavel.  Kinda figured one should train with what one may be using.

Much appreciated.

t

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom