all posts post new thread

PlanStrong/BuiltStrong Understanding the Plan Strong Manual

Luwuwu

Level 5 Valued Member
I attended the Plan Strong seminar 3 days ago. Fabio is a great coach and he put things rather clear. Yet still I ran into some problems with the manual, which is too dense to be imagined.
For instance: Plan Strong 50 Summary - Weekly planning, it is written that " When making weekly planning, push up the intensity in some reps by 5% while decreasing it by as much in the same number of reps."
I am confused. What does "push up the intensity in some reps" mean? I wonder if any gentlemen could offer an explanation. Thank you very much!

Never done the Plan Strong. I read this as: if you increase the intensity (+5%) for some reps (let's say 5), you decrease the same number of reps 5%.

So, if you increase the intensity for a 100 kg bench by 5%, you do 105 for some reps. Then you do some reps at -5%, so 95. So keep total reps the same, but some heavier then others.

Never done the Plan Strong. I read this as: if you increase the intensity (+5%) for some reps (let's say 5), you decrease the same number of reps 5%.

So, if you increase the intensity for a 100 kg bench by 5%, you do 105 for some reps. Then you do some reps at -5%, so 95. So keep total reps the same, but some heavier then others.
That’s my thought too, but with percentage of 1rm.

Never done PS either though.

The manual also writes: “Limit the use of this tactic in the 81-90% zone as this would introduce unplanned 90% lifts.” Yet if the former sentence means that we push up the intensity by doing more 81-90% lifts, there is no way the 90% lifts could grow.

Back
Top Bottom