all posts post new thread

Old Forum Update - so far so good

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

ramblingjon

Level 4 Valued Member
I just wanted to comment on my progress, as up until now I have struggled with overhead strength and had probably done one very poor press with my left arm and maybe two or so with my right (with a 24kg kb).

So i did my first test day (end of week 8) ETK/ROP and did five each arm with 24kg kb, i actually did my right arm first and then did only two with my left and thought "that was alright", picked it up after a minute or two rest and pushed out five! I have been training only with a 16kg kb. So as i said i am fairly pleased with that (for a starting point).

now i was planning on continuing with the 16kg kb for my ladders until the 5 x 5 press and pull ups perhaps get a bit easier or end of the cycle and then do S&S, how does this sound for a strategy. I am not failing or anything, do it in a bout 30ish minutes (breaks ranging form 60 to 90 secs) should i continue with the 16kg or does this seem reasonable enough to up the kb (i have a 24). Only asking as i have seen that when you can press 5 each arm that you should progress and also seen comments that you should keep going until it is perhaps "easier". I was in a bit of a sweat after the 5 x5.

Any comments appreciated.

apologies if the question

I would finish it out with the 16. If you can do 5 each arm with the 24, then you should be getting pretty close to the end of the cycle. A little more volume with the 16 will help build a strong foundation, and allow you to hit the ground running when you switch over to the 24.

Alternating blocks of S&S and RoP should work very well.

Just my thoughts!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom