all posts post new thread

Recommendations/Reviews/FS/WTB Useful health and fitness apps

Products recommendations and reviews, items For Sale or Wanted To Buy

silveraw

Level 9 Valued Member
Inspired by another thread about interval timer apps, what are some useful apps you use in your health and fitness journey?

These are ones that I've found useful (iOS):
Timer by Push Press: custom interval timer ala Q&D.

Apple Notes: best workout logging app. It is like a pen and paper notebook, but searchable with automatic backups.

built in timer: best meditation app

Meal Prep Pro: Meal prepping app that I just love. Get all your cooking done in a day with everything properly portioned.

Polar Beat: best for HR driven workouts.

I figured this thread might make a good resource for people.

For wellness:

Fitbit

When I'm cutting:

Myfitness Pal

For training:

Spreadsheets & log books on paper

[I avoid phone usage when training as its a massive distraction and loss of focus for me. I don't bring my phone into the training environment. When I'm resting between sets, my only accessory is a watch to track time.]

Cronometer - the best CICO app I’ve ever found, and the free version isn’t annoying at all. It’s easy to set macros and they have a good database of foods.

ErgData - for concept 2 ergz. I never could get into ergzone but the functionality on ErgData is barebones in the best ways. Easy to use, hard to mess up and just works.

Footpath - not the most accurate, but the easiest way to plot out runs. Once you get the hang of how much the app is typically off by, you’re able to compensate and come in pretty close.

Nike Run Club - It’s completely free and I hate social media (beyond forums) so it beats Strava for me. The pre programmed runs are fun and the coaching is surprisingly good for a free product.

ErgData - for concept 2 ergz. I never could get into ergzone but the functionality on ErgData is barebones in the best ways. Easy to use, hard to mess up and just works.

Is it just providing an app version of the same stuff in the PM5?

I like iRunner. It tells you how far you've gone, how fast, and shows a map of the route you took and all the details. It has other features too but I don't use them.

Is it just providing an app version of the same stuff in the PM5?
And direct connectivity to your online journal.

It’s mostly useful for participating in all of their challenges. With the cell phone mount you can also treat it as a second PM screen and have them set to different modes and be able to see basically all the measurable stats while using the machine without having to cycle through.

Timer: Seconds: Super easy to use for EMOM, Q&D or stopwatch function for timing Iron Cardio rounds. It will show your heart rate on the timer (not on stopwatch though). I sync heart rate with Whoop.

Not using it now but I really liked the 5/3/1 pro app. Would recommend it to anyone who is planning on running the program

Cronometer - the best CICO app I’ve ever found, and the free version isn’t annoying at all. It’s easy to set macros and they have a good database of foods.
This app is truly amazing. Once my friend told me that he received an order at work to make an application as similar as possible to Cronometer. Why do we need such copies when there is a good original app - it's not clear

This app is truly amazing. Once my friend told me that he received an order at work to make an application as similar as possible to Cronometer. Why do we need such copies when there is a good original app - it's not clear
There are some unscrupulous people out there.

I had a friend who received an email from a ghost writer who had been hired to rewrite her book about a female exercise program. My friend didn't hire her. Some guy was trying to steal her book and sell it as his own and hired the ghostwriter to do it, but the ghostwriter got suspicious when the author didn't comment on her rewrites.
Same guy hired an actress that looked very similar to the author to record a very similar sales video for his website to sell the "rewritten" book. You will never guess, but the website looked very similar to the author's.

The guy ordering the app remake was probably going to sell it as Cronometer with a Cyrillic C.

And direct connectivity to your online journal.

It’s mostly useful for participating in all of their challenges. With the cell phone mount you can also treat it as a second PM screen and have them set to different modes and be able to see basically all the measurable stats while using the machine without having to cycle through.
The app also stores the data (basically every stroke) and if you connect it to the C2 logbook, you get a much more detailed “picture” of your session than is available just hitting the memory button on the PM. The graphs are pretty cool, particularly when using a connected HRM. Very obvious where you adjusted your headphones or foot straps or drank water; or sprinted to the finish; or fell apart….

Polar Beat is the only app I've ever used I guess. If I was motivated and into other pursuits like C2 or cycling, I'd probably get into more but who knows in the future.

Giant Stopwatch is good. Will display Clock , Timer or Stopwatch as HUGE numbers and is very handy and easy to see when you are 10m away doing deadhangs

Back
Top Bottom