all posts post new thread

Old Forum Using KB's for 2 months, my body looks better and eat better, but gained weight

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

pauldavid

Level 1 Valued Member
Hi All,

Been using Kettlebell since 2nd week of April. I do feel great now, I can see the progress of my body compared to being sedentary for many years.

My clothes fit better and my waist got slimmer. I like what I see now. :)

But the thing is, I have gained more weight for like 4 pounds..

I have also controlled my eating habits as well, eating less calories.

I understand that I might have gained it by building muscle, but I still want to see some pounds lost when I look into the scale.

Any help please.

Thanks

Who cares what the scale says? Unless your competing in a weight class, throw it away.

hi Jon Doe, I am only 5'6" and around 180 pounds, but I can see that I am leaner now compared to before.

Hey Hunter, yeah I think so, as long I see good results and a more defined body I shouldn't care about the weight.

Thanks!

I was hung up on weight loss also when I started… I have since converted my thoughts to fat loss. Think of it like this… would you rather weigh 150 and have 25% body fat or be 180 with 10% body fat….body weight means nothing if you don’t mention body fat goals.

I don’t care how much I weigh as long as I can continue to reduce body fat! I've been hanging around 172-175lb for a few weeks and I'm 5'10".

Paul, your ideal body composition if, of course, up to you, but becoming leaner while gaining weight is what most people find desirable.  For most people, congratulations would be in order!

Please tell us _what_ kettlebell program you've been following or otherwise describe your work with kettlebells over the last few months - that will also give us some insight into your body composition change.

-S-

Hi Steve,

My routine is (all are done in one hour)

Monday and Thursday - Kettlebell (Swings, Turkish Get Up, Clean and Press, Snatch and Squats)

Cool Down : Stretches (Pilates - and does loosen up the stiffness)

Wed - Rest

Tues and Friday - Negative Pulls (still cant do pull-ups), Resistance Band Training, Push Up, Ab Wheel, and Ab Exercises.

About my body composition, I was fit before but due to sedentary lifestyle (beer, food, fat), I became chubby.

Now, I now have some definition on my arms, shoulders, now have muscles on the chest and also I can feel muscle on my abdomen. And my core is really strong now, but still have some belly fat...

Beginning an exercise program can change how much water weight you retain, if you've started lifting and are eating at a caloric deficit that 4 pounds most likely doesn't mean anything.

Paul, it sounds like you're doing fine as you are.   Unless you have a specific reason to be concerned about adding muscle, I recommend you relax and enjoy the fruits of your labor!

Your program seems a bit unfocused to me, but if it's working for you, then by all means, keep with it until it stops working.

I generally recommend everyone pick a proven program and stick with it for a while.  For you, Kettlebell Simple & Sinister would be ideal.  If you're focused on improving your press, then consider the Rite of Passage program from Enter The Kettlebell although I'd still recommend at least a few months of S&S first.

I wouldn't worry about your pullups right now - get stronger overall, continue to add muscle and lose fat, and the pullups will come, and not only a single, but for reps, and eventually, with added weight.

Please also, if you didn't before you started in April, see your doctor and make sure you're cleared to exercise without restrictions.

Last but not least, consider working with one of our certified instructors and/or taking one of our User Courses.  You would be amazed at the instant gains you can receive in your lifts when someone is showing how to do them correctly in person.

Best of luck to you.

-S-

Thanks for all the comments.

This really helps, for now I will just work my way to build more lean muscle.

As long as I feel great, move faster, look leaner and better posture!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom