all posts post new thread

Old Forum Van Dam Lift at 65, 75, and 85 lbs.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Everyone should practice curls sometimes, just not all the time, every time!

Amazing videos. My girlfriend actually thinks these are the most interesting of any lifting video I've ever showed her, so in a subjective way you have Klokov beaten!

Curls - not for me, thanks.

Video - your GF judgement is questionable, but tell her I said thanks for her interest in them. :)

I'll do these again later today, and that will be the last time before Saturday's meet.

-S-

Thanks for asking, Matt.

The meet went great!  Super nice people, and after not liking what 85 lbs. looked like in that video, I went 56, 76, and 81 lbs. for my three attempts.  I was offered a 4th attempt but declined.  Everyone said that my 81 lb. 3rd attempt looked the easiest of the three but it felt like the hardest.

And, besides, this was a AWA meet, which meant I could set records in half a dozen other lifts, which I did, so I wanted to save my energy for that.

I've just been very busy since I got back but I will post a fuller report once I see the official meet results.  Great group of people, really into old-time strongman odd lifts, highly recommended.

-S-

Jon, the AWA has meets at which you can attempt to break any record you want.  This was one of those meets.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom