all posts post new thread

Old Forum weighted one arm push up

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

deepdreamer

First Post
Just come across this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Db_MtaA1Utw

And i wonder if it smart to add to this bodyweight excercise external weight (using weighted west as another option) in context of other presses (benchpress for example), after one masters one arm with one leg push up (possibly with elevated feets).

I would hold a 2.5 or 5 lb plate to increase intensity.. or simply just elevate the feet

David, I did not understand your BP question but I liked the way this gent made the OAP more challenging.  Note the DB gave him the option to plant it quickly and lean on it in case he lost balance.

Main motivation for my question was uncertainty about healthiness of this progression for OAP. If it does not negatively impact spine/back. Maybe it is a stupid question, but i am ignorant about this topic so i rather ask. Right now i am greasing the groove of basic OAP and i was looking for inspiration how to make the exercise more challenging in future.

By mentioning other presses i just wanted to know if the strength payoff of weighted OAP would be worth it, or weather should i rather go pressing barbells after mastering non-weighted OAP. I will presume that it is worth it because of the unique (need to tense whole body) way OAP stimulates body.

btw what did you mean by that abbreviation "BP":)

thank you for the response

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom