all posts post new thread

PlanStrong/BuiltStrong Weighted pullup plan

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Pawel Grobelny

Level 6 Valued Member
Certified Instructor
Hi!
My upper body never was as strong as I would like to, now is the time to change it! I am working on my pullup and recenty started my (seems to be long ;) ) journey for OAOL pushup!

For last couple of weeks I was following Fighter Pullup Plan, which led me to do 12 BW pullups and 1 weighted pullup with 24 kg bell. 28 kg was a little bit to heavy to get out from the bottom position. I believe that my real 1RM is somewhere between 24 and 28, but do not have intermediate weights.

I decided to try Plan Strong Programming for pullups.

I would like to share with you my first PS plan for pullups, maybe some of you that are more experienced will have some comments that will allow me to improve my plan. Only preparation period is ready so far, comp period will be created based on my feelings after first four weeks.

A little background:
My weight - 86 kg
My 1RM - 110 kg (BW+24 kg)

As mentioned before - fighter plan for last couple of weeks, total NL for last 4 weeks 690.
HARI for last 4 weeks - 78% (BW)
As this is my first PS plan for pullups I decided to assume that I am low endurance.
Weghts to be used: 86 kg (78%1RM - BW), 94 kg (85%1RM - BW+8kg), 102 kg (93%1RM - BW+16 kg), 110 kg (1RM - BW+24 kg).

PS70
HARI for prep period - 80
Total NL for prep period - 300
It's less than 50% of what was done before, but I didn't want to go too high for the first time.
As there were no weighted pullups in previous plan (except those made for testing) I decided to go for 0 in 95%+ zone and 3 in 91-94%.

It was necessary to use expanded guidlines for volume distribution to get proper HARI - 75% of lifts in 71-80% zone.

Here are the calculations:
1609356266194.png

And plan itself:
1609356316815.png

Your feedback will be highly appreciated ;)

Your plan looks great! This is just personal opinion, but the only thing I would change is swap the weeks where you do your 94% reps. So in week 2 do 1 rep, and in week 4 do 2 reps. Week 4 is lower volume than week 2, which would make it a bit easier to do them, plus you should be stronger by week 4 of the program as well.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom