all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed What do you do?

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
I have mostly always trained at home, but once I was at a gym doing one-arm barbell side presses and I had several people come up to me to express concern that I was doing something dangerous.

My reaction was to politely reassure them and then ignore them. I try to keep my thoughts and feelings at that time in mind whenever I get the urge to butt in on what someone else is doing. The urge usually passes quickly.

once I was at a gym doing one-arm barbell side presses and I had several people come up to me to express concern that I was doing something dangerous.
Oddly enough I've had people do that to me when I was side pressing... But not when I was doing stupid tricks like the Yoth-Sarcasmo Press (basically a pistol box jump with a press at the same time, described by Jamie Lewis as the stupidest thing he has ever seen)

Humans are smart. If they got hurt, and they saw your performance on that lift is excellent then they will ask. Or at least that is based on my experience.

Usually, I'm the one who gets asked the most in my current gym (it was closed now actually). But I'm also the one who asking people the most (in another gym where there are a lot of good lifters) so maybe I look "friendly" rather than "the one who knows it all"

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom