all posts post new thread

Kettlebell What kind of kettlebell warm up do yo do?

what is crawl marching?
Basically its marching in place but the arm and leg movements are a bit exaggerated. I believe it's also done at a bit slower pace due to the exaggerated movements. Or, I'm an idiot and have been doing them wrong for months. Either way, they wake up my body after a few minutes and help me to tie both sides together.

Basically its marching in place but the arm and leg movements are a bit exaggerated. I believe it's also done at a bit slower pace due to the exaggerated movements. Or, I'm an idiot and have been doing them wrong for months. Either way, they wake up my body after a few minutes and help me to tie both sides together.
Sounds like a standing dead bug sort of? That’s what I’m imagining at least.

Try and keep this under 5-10 minutes

A selection of below:
OS Reset
Prying goblet Squats
Pumps
Light swings
Light TGUs
Passive hangs

Depends on what's happening in the session and what requires some greasing

This is something I’m experimenting a bit with now as I’ve heard so many ‘must-do’ warm up movements, so I’m trialling a lot and will weed out whatever works best for me. I will always do at least one position of the P3 protocol (Original Strength), Hangs and Prying goblet squats.

Before overhead work, some of:
Shoulder dislocates
Kettlebell arm bar
Kettlebell/plate haloes
Scapula wall slides
Pull apart series

Before hinges, some of:
Cossack squats
Hip circles
Leg swings
Bulgarian Goat Bag swings
Hard style plank

Hoping I can work those lists down to one or two movements as I continue to play with them.

I also do a fair bit of mobility work after training or on off days in the form of yoga, 90/90 stretch, QL straddle, Brettzels, doorway stretches.

I see some fitness influencers talk about their “warmups” and I’m like holy crap that’s my whole workout lol.

I actually spend a lot more time on cooldown / stretching / mobility work than I do warmups.

Warmups are often 5-10 min for me.

But post workout stretching and mobility work is usually 20-30 min for me.

Sounds like a standing dead bug sort of? That’s what I’m imagining at least.
Yeah, that's a decent description. I know that on the days I do the 3 minutes of dead bugs first the cross crawl marching is not a ton of fun. Lol.

Crawling forward then backwards
5 Band dislocates
10 Band Pull-aparts
Prying squat or Cossack squat
X3

Depends on the kettlebell workout and what my goals are for the workout.

Some workouts, I just get started. Others, I take my time doing warm-up/pace sets and stretching before the money set(s).

Most of the time I do simple joint rotations a la Super Joints.

I have however been watching the warmup vids for Iron Cardio and trying to convince myself to try it - it just looks a bit long time wise.

S&S warm up, or none. S&S is good for getting some squat volume into programs that don't have a squat, and helps my hips feel good in a nice deep goblet squat.

Back
Top Bottom