all posts post new thread

Old Forum what next? any recommendations?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

jdelp1124

First Post
I'm going into the 4th week of Dan John's Mass Made Simple program, and I'm wondering what would be the best program for me to attack next.

I'm making good strength gains with MMS, and I've added some mass (~8 lbs. of muscle and ~ 5lbs. of fat).  I've gone from approximate 12-13% body fat to 14-15%.  I probably don't need the extra almond butter and jelly sandwiches!!

Once finished, I'd like to maintain my muscle and lose the flab.  I'll rein in my nutrition, but not 100% sure on which program to follow.  I just read S&S.  And I'm thinking this may be the way to go for the next 6 weeks.  Am I on the right track with my thinking?  Or am I in the wrong ballpark?

I don't know anything about MMS.

I can tell you this: S&S is great FOR ME.  I was doing the PM after being away from KBs for a while because I'm the typical American who can't stick with anything (seriously, I've  got rank in I don't know how many martial arts, but only a black belt in one) and it was great.  Then I bought S&S  and even though I've only been on it for less than two weeks, I can already see some hypertrophy in my shoulder girdle and triceps.

I need to get the weight down myself.  I have muscle, but I also have a belly.  Picture E. Honda from Street Fighter.  That's kind of what is happening here.

To answer your question, I think S&S will do whatever you want it to.  It's basically scaleable to fit any need, with the main focus on strength.  I can't imagine you wouldn't get swole up (do the kids still use that terminology) if you were doing TGUs and swings with a 3 pood.

S&S would be a great change of pace. I've been on it for two weeks, and I'm not trying to lose weight, but it's happened anyway. I've been doing the sessions fasted in the morning, and have lost a couple pounds. Between almost daily swings/get ups and a slightly cleaned up diet will do wonders. So far, I feel great.

I usually recommend PM for people, so, yes, S and S is fine. That's a lot of fat and I have no idea how you are measuring, but the last two weeks will fry things up nicely. The most important thing of MMS is Week Seven, the assessment.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom