all posts post new thread

Kettlebell What to add to C&P?

LUALVA

Level 2 Valued Member
I am a big fan of kettlebell C&P. I have done several programs with this exercise. This exercise involves a large number of muscles. I wonder what exercises would be needed to cover the rest of the body. Squat, bench press? Anything else?

I am a big fan of kettlebell C&P. I have done several programs with this exercise. This exercise involves a large number of muscles. I wonder what exercises would be needed to cover the rest of the body. Squat, bench press? Anything else?
Add a squat to it. You can do one after each C&P, or only after the last rep. It’s an awesome combo and time saver. But if you’re going heavy, expect less reps

If you want to hate life itself, do it as a chain, so, for a set of 3, do

C&P&FSQ, C&P&FSQ, C&P&FSQ in a row without putting the bells down

Its quite challenging, much harder than just doing 3 C&P and then 3 FSQ

I recently switched to one day a week if strength training and that was what I did. Got more reps in each week.

Last edited:
Minimum - Squat and pull-up

Bonus - snatch and get up

Extra extra - horizontal press and deadlift

Shooting for the moon - farmer's carries

Personal rec - some form of locomotive cardio (running)

Minimum - Squat and pull-up

Bonus - snatch and get up

Extra extra - horizontal press and deadlift

Shooting for the moon - farmer's carries

Personal rec - some form of locomotive cardio (running)
Great! Thank you very much

My personal program minimum - posted many times here - adds barbell deadlift and easy walking to your C&P. So

Kettlebell Press - 1 hand, kettlebell
Barbell Deadlift - 2 hands, barbell
Walk - easy cardio, smell the roses along the way

You could do them in that order anywhere from 3x/week to almost every day, or you could alternate presses and deadlifts while walking almost every day.

IMHO, my personal program minimum isn't just about trying to cover other muscles or joints but about overall health and strength.

To borrow @John K's word "bonus", bonus would be adding kettlebell swings as suggested in Pavel's latest, Kettlebell AXE, 2-3 times a week as the book suggests. Bigger bonus would be adding the other two powerlifts, squat and bench press, while cutting back on the overhead press. I am currently doing the "bigger bonus" version, getting ready for a PL meet, with regular walking and AXE a couple of times a week.

-S-

Back
Top Bottom