all posts post new thread

Nutrition Whats going on...

LEGENDARY70

Level 2 Valued Member
Hello all.

Long story short. Used to weigh 280. Did carnivore for about a year and lost lots of weight. Got down to 185. Brokedown and started eating not good again and gained weight to about 215. Just got back on carnivore/keto around 3 months ago and yesterday I weighed in at 204. BUT I have been at 204ish for about a week or two. Why?

I do a 20 hr fast and a 4 hr eating window. I eat at around 6 or 7 and dont eat again until that time the following day. No issue, i dont even get hungry. When I eat it is usually a medium to large salad which includes spring mix, spinach, cucumbers, starwberries, blueberries, avocado, feta cheese and sharp cheddar cubes and a drizzle of zero sugar/1 carb dressing. I drink either water with lemon or lime with a sprinkle of stevia. For a dessert right afterward I eat some zero sugar cool whip. Along with the salad I eat steak, chicken, chicharron, egg salad, tuna, sausage, eggs, bacon, carnitas etc. Nothing major with carbs at all. I drink lots o water during the day and I drink black coffee as well thourghout the day. I tested my ketones with a strip yesterday and it says MINOR......What!!??

What could be the issue?

Best.

What could be the issue?
A common misconception about keto and carnivore is that it exempts you from the laws of thermodynamics.

In short to lose weight you must eat fewer calories than you burn.

so figure out how to eat the most satiating foods with the fewest calories for you and do that. When it stops working maybe start measuring your food.

If I misread the question and it was actually about how to get ketones up, then I can’t help you. I’d assume it has something to do with eating the “wrong” or too much of a non carb. I think Kenny has a post or two about protein doing that.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom