all posts post new thread

Nutrition What's Your Goal With the Way You Eat?

Why Do You Eat The Way You Do?

• Longevity

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Strength

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Muscle

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Fat Loss

• Maintenance

• Total voters
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Marcus Aurelius

Level 5 Valued Member
Please explain how you eat and your choice. I would love to hear the responses and the variety of nutritional protocols.

I chose longevity. I want to live as long as possible while being as healthy as possible without the assistance of others.

I feel drawn to the protocols by Ori Hofmekler who authored the Warrior Diet. I currently eat one large meal a day at night. Always pescatarian based meals. Everything I eat is from humanely raised animals or wild caught fish. I eat to contentment.

Although I do pay attention to the healthfulness of the food I eat, by far the primary goal behind my food choices is enjoyment.

Of course, "survival" is the most important purpose of eating, but thankfully my circumstances allow me to take that for granted.

I chose longevity, it's also the reason I train. I'm not too concerned with weight, but would like to drop some body fat. We eat "clean" about 90% of the time. Watching out for sugars, processed foods, and the such.
I usually just eat when I feel like it, no special time unless there's meal plans. Sometimes we'll go to a local place for breakfast. Get some looks when I usually order 6 eggs over easy, 2 orders whole wheat toast and a large bowl of sausage gravy.
Tonight there's a huge crock pot of beef stew with fresh veggies, I'll probably down two bowls of that before I get on the rower and Christine gets on the Assault bike while we watch a movie.
Most times my wife cooks up some pretty healthy foods, but we'll definitely down o pint of HaloTop on occasion!

I eat mostly raw vegan, but not exclusive. My choice would be "health". All other options like performance, etc come second.

Health, strength, muscles, good digestion and sleep, longevity, and last but not least -enjoying the good food.

Pleasure, with good cuisine. Alone or with others.
Incidentally, it also helps the other goals, as good cuisine is reached with proper food (French inside speaking), and appropriate preparation.

I don't really have any goals with food. I just try to eat like my Grandfather did when he was a boy - almost nothing out of a can or packet and if it's organic all the better.

I've been on every diet known to humankind and some (like the Guinness and pork crackling diet) that I've kept to myself. What seems to work best for me, across all goals, including feeling healthy and happy, is predominately vegetarian, emphasis on vegetables and whole grains, with meat eaten, on average, slightly less than one meal per day (eat five or six meat meals per week, always butcher quality organic or pasture fed). I keep an eye on protein and every so often have a double serve of good quality casein powder if I think protein is lacking. I don't portion control each meal but I do keep a broad eye on calories as I am known to drink more beer than I should

What made you go raw vegan?

It basically made sense to me from all sides. First I found from a bunch of sources that it's more healthy and we don't really need animal protein. Then I noticed I wouldn't be able to kill an animal to eat it, so decided I didn't want to have someone else kill it for me. I then tried it and came back to my high school weight without much effort. Out of the million diets I have tried, it's the only one that let's me stay at a normal weight without starving and struggling.

Maintenance
Staying at healthy weight, keeping strong muscles and feel fit for challenges that life offers.

Maintenance and health. I really just try to limit prepared foods and pay attention to the macros.

I adjust my carbs to match my workouts - if training with more intensity I eat a little more fruit.

This thread actually got me motivated to reach out to an experienced nutritional coach. I don't enjoy food anymore and that's a problem.

Hello,

I'd choose all of them !But I'd add pleasure of eating something good as well :)

Kind regards,

Pet'

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom