all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Workout Plan especially for Mass and Strength

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Germa

First Post
Hallo,
So so think this plan is good for adding mass and strength with kettlebells?
My Training before was more barbell work in the Gym, calisthenics and just a bit kettlebell. But i fell in love with the bells and want to so them more. I have one 16kg bell, two 28kg, 32kg, 36kg, 40kg, 44kg. Here is my routine:

WARM UP:
Mobility
Swings
Windmill
Bottom up Press

POWER: 2 sets of 2-6reps
One arm Clean and Push Press

Strength: 2 Sets of 2-6 reps
One arm Pushup
Or
One arm Press

MASS: 2 Sets of 6-15 reps
Double Clean and Press
Double Frontsquat
Double Clean and Thruster

PUMP: 2 Sets Amrap
Kettlebellcrushgrippushup
Kettlebellrow

FREESTYLE(Technique work, farmers walks, snatches, swings, gobletsquat....or nothing, just what i want to do that day)

One day Training, the other day mobility and so on. Every day 1 to 3 hours walking with my dog.

@Germa, welcome to the StrongFirst Forum.

and I'm sure there are more.

-S-

Last edited:
hi @Germa Your program looks okay from a general program, but for mass it seems to be a fairly low volume. my suggestion would be to squat a lot, like a lot, a lot. get some presses and Pullups.

I have to admit that I often judge hypertrophy programs by the amount of squats, but I think their that important.

it seems like you're perhaps trying to ride 2-3 horses with one arse..??

build a plan around the basic movements, lifting a weight that falls in your 6-12rm region, and build volume progressively.

You'll get stronger from pretty much any Hypertrophy based KB plan, just as you'll build 'some' mass from any Strength based KB plan, so to throw in 'power' and 'pump' sets seems a little unnecessary.

The links above are some excellent plans- you have some great choices in KBs, so i'd commit 3-6 months to some Strongfirst based plans and then re assess afterwards.

@Germa
For me quick and the dead snatches and some pushups worked very well actually. And Rite of passage was another great program for size&strength..
I guess that @Fabio Zonin 's new program build also muscle very well If you choose double press, front squat and chin ups. I'm sure it will actually.
Dry fighting weight was also nice program. Pick one of those and you will gain some muscle.

Hallo,
So so think this plan is good for adding mass and strength with kettlebells?
My Training before was more barbell work in the Gym, calisthenics and just a bit kettlebell. But i fell in love with the bells and want to so them more. I have one 16kg bell, two 28kg, 32kg, 36kg, 40kg, 44kg. Here is my routine:

WARM UP:
Mobility
Swings
Windmill
Bottom up Press

POWER: 2 sets of 2-6reps
One arm Clean and Push Press

Strength: 2 Sets of 2-6 reps
One arm Pushup
Or
One arm Press

MASS: 2 Sets of 6-15 reps
Double Clean and Press
Double Frontsquat
Double Clean and Thruster

PUMP: 2 Sets Amrap
Kettlebellcrushgrippushup
Kettlebellrow

FREESTYLE(Technique work, farmers walks, snatches, swings, gobletsquat....or nothing, just what i want to do that day)

One day Training, the other day mobility and so on. Every day 1 to 3 hours walking with my dog.

Why don't you just do Kettlebell Strong! ? There you have it concentrated, approved, tested, done before...

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom