all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Wrist work

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
@somanaut
All good advice given here already, not much to add. +1 to all who mentioned wrist rollers. Another great thing is doing wrist pronators. You can use an adjustable dumb bell bar loaded on one end, a small 5 lb sledge hammer, or the poor mans version... A heavy cast iron skillet.

+1 for heavy holds and a 2" wrist roller.

I've been using a 2" pvc wrist roller and loving it. I use it in mounted. It's got a long rope and I tie a 50lbs kb or a sandbag to it, walk away and roll it back to me.

I've also had success with heavy holds with a bar, both with and without fat grips. Too soon to see a thicker wrist, but definitely have seen grip and strength improvement. In about a 3 week period.

@dc Love the Jowlett info thanks! I've been eying that book, going to have to pic

I used to love my pvc wrist roller mounted on my pull up bar but then I heard Jedd Johnson say they are useless so stopped using it.

I used to love my pvc wrist roller mounted on my pull up bar but then I heard Jedd Johnson say they are useless so stopped using it.

I think Jedds objection has to do with the light weight and high reps of the traditional unmounted roller. The idea being that your wrists can handle much more weight than you can front raise and hold.

This was the video that I saw where he says it's useless. He then says what you said about having to hold it out straight.

I wish he specified if he thought it was still useless when mounted on something, taking the shoulders out of it.

If you hold the wrist roller out horizontally in front of you, then for sure the shoulders will most likely be the limiting factor. But you can hold it over your head as in an over head press, or stand on something and hold it low like in the top position of a dead lift. This allows you to go really heavy. It may not work your wrists as much, but you can still blast your forearms and work crazy grip strength.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom