all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Curls: A Big Waste of Time?

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Skull crushers are out because you can't look at yourself in the mirror while doing them. Well, you can but it makes the exercise more neck and shoulder dominant and is unsafe in normal people. The overhead extensions are adequate for the job but very ungainly - too much underarm! I reject them on aesthetic grounds and you should too. The cable rope tricep pushdown provides the perfect balance of strength, style and safety. Combine them with hammer curls for best effect

So wrong!

The underarm is where you need to focus if you want to increase arm diameter, and thus the cheat code to getting a bigger biceps measurement.

Long head > short head! ;)

This is, after all, a biceps thread, not the horseshoe thread.

Besides, the short head gets plenty of attention from all your pressing.

What a strange world we live in where middle age men are measuring their biceps competitively, like they may have done when they were teens living on a steady diet of Arnold, Jean-Claude Van Damme, and Stallone movies.
It's stranger that we all will probably never meet in real life but somehow our thoughts, decisions and actions led us all here...... measuring biceps.

What a strange world we live in where middle age men are measuring their biceps competitively, like they may have done when they were teens living on a steady diet of Arnold, Jean-Claude Van Damme, and Stallone movies.
No point in measuring biceps when I was a teen - malnourished smoker. And besides, more bragging rights the older you get!

Funny story: when I was a kid (probably around 7-10 ?) one of my favorite movies growing up was Conan the Barbarian. I told my dad I wanted big muscles like Arnold and his response was to give me a handsaw and send me out to the woodpile. I would diligently saw chunks of wood off of the logs and then go inside to look at my biceps. It wasn't the wheel of pain. . .so I didn't turn out looking like Arnold, I guess....

Funny story: when I was a kid (probably around 7-10 ?) one of my favorite movies growing up was Conan the Barbarian. I told my dad I wanted big muscles like Arnold and his response was to give me a handsaw and send me out to the woodpile. I would diligently saw chunks of wood off of the logs and then go inside to look at my biceps. It wasn't the wheel of pain. . .so I didn't turn out looking like Arnold, I guess....

Your dad suckered you good.... ROFL:p

At least he didn't tell you to contemplate your new hobby on The Tree of Woe.

Conan was freakin awesome!!

When I was a kid, one of my father's regular lines was, "It doesn't matter what you look like; it's what's on the inside that matters."

-S-

The question has probably already been asked & answered.
But is it true they get the girls?
Playing the guitar and singing did that just fine for me, no big biceps needed. Maybe it's the times and the place I grew up in.

-S-

It's been around 10 years since I've trained arms directly, but back in the day I had some Jr. Pythons.
I might have to jump in on this Arms Race / Gun Show.

Back
Top Bottom