all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Optimize Your Turkish Get-Up with These Pro Tips

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Zack

Level 5 Valued Member
I polled the StrongFirst Instructor Facebook group for the best TGU training tips.

With over 20 replies, I compiled the responses into a 2-part series that you can check out here:

Turkish Get-Up Strength Secrets Revealed - Zack Henderson Training

Turkish Get-Up Tips From the Pros (Pt. 2) - Zack Henderson Training

Hope this helps deepen your practice!

Feel free to post more tips and ideas and maybe a part 3 will happen!

Just browsed through it. Great stuff! Thanks! Maggie Burrows' video looks like a gold mine

Excellent Zack! I can see right now this is going to help me immensely in my quest to reach "simple." Any chance on putting something like this together for the snatch?

These are great. And a neat idea to compile them! Well done!

Zack, this is excellent! You instantly had me with the Led Zeppelin t/shirt but, in all seriousness, this is THE resource I was looking for without knowing I was looking for it.

Again, thank you..

John

Zack, this is excellent! You instantly had me with the Led Zeppelin t/shirt but, in all seriousness, this is THE resource I was looking for without knowing I was looking for it.

Again, thank you..

John
Thanks for reading brother!

Zep III is one of my favorite albums to train to!

Thanks again for this brilliant resource! The last few days I have tried to incorporate some of the tips. Especially the combination with OS resets is really helpful to me.

The first thing that struck me was the The Stomp and Hollow Drill. I am so incorporating this in my warm up routine......what a great way to fire up the core....consciously squeeze the glute of the straight leg before rolling up to the elbow is a great tip to keep the straight leg on the ground. and treat each step of the getup like a pose (asana) in yoga. Great information in those articles.

Thank you for compiling that article @Zack.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom