all posts post new thread

Kettlebell 48kg = Beast, what others?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Glen

Level 6 Valued Member
Getting my head around some of the terminology.

So if a 48kg bell is called a Beast do other weights have names?

I believe in Pavels old books, he said that people would name their own bells.

Yeah thought I heard one being called a bulldog.

Good to see some humour on the thread. Don't know if I could name my own bells - feels wrong

@Anna C am I right in believing you dubbed the 32kg 'Badger'? I remember reading that somewhere and loving it. :p

Also I think it's the 40kg that gets called the 'Bulldog'. As far as I'm aware the 16 and 24 don't have names like that :p.

I have this one bell that I bought on "clearance" from ebay. The reason for the clearance was that the bell is poorly designed. The body of the bell is completely spherical. It literally tips over. The distance between the handle and the body is way too large. If I could snatch it the bell would likely hit my elbow. It weighs 100 lbs. I bid like $5 for it just for laughs and I won! With shipping it cost $27 total. It's great for swings and carries. I call it "Big Black." "Do work, son!"

Pictures of Big Black. The first one it's next to a 36 kg. Notice how Big Black leans to the side like it's drunk. Completely spherical bottom. Useless for anything but swings and carries. I've dragged Big Black which is why some paint is stripped. But it's so odd that I couldn't just give it away.

Big Black 1.JPG

Attachments

• Big Black 2.JPG
    Big Black 2.JPG
    100.4 KB · Views: 4
I used to call my 16kg "Bob", the 24 "Bobb", 32 "Bobbb" yeah you can see the pattern. Then my friend got a 12 kg and I just called it "Ob".

"It's a Callahan full-bore auto-lock. Customized trigger, double cartridge thorough gauge. It is my very favorite gun... I call it 'Vera'"

I've taken the naming convention to heart. I like the idea of keeping these objects for decades. I guess my wife noticed the strange practice because she took the time to give them all a cool paint job.

@ctygesen You might appreciate this: I named my first bell Vera, after the very same. Also my pair of Rogue 32KGs are Fanty and Mingo (and yes, Fanty is the prettier one). Finally I have a 98lbs chain for loaded OS resets that called... you guessed it The Chain of Command.

The Rest of my team:
The Moscow Mule - a Beast from Perform better
Apollo - 24KG Apollo
Red - 16KG Russian red
2015-10-18 13.15.34.jpg 2015-10-18 13.11.26.jpg

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom