all posts post new thread

Bodyweight Bodyweight Things To Do in a Park

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
I've lived in a bunch of places over the years. It seems that 20+ years ago there was a 'fad' in some places to do this. Where I live now there is an abandoned fitness trail where all of the stations have been sadly removed or decommissioned.
It's too bad really.

Ours got damaged in a hurricane but they were replaced. I confess to never seeing anyone use them, though. I used to, when I was still running, mostly to stop and do a few pull-ups. I get the feeling that, whenever they break again, they might not be replaced this time.

-S-

Ours got damaged in a hurricane but they were replaced. I confess to never seeing anyone use them, though. I used to, when I was still running, mostly to stop and do a few pull-ups. I get the feeling that, whenever they break again, they might not be replaced this time.

-S-
I guess it's all cultural. There are those stations about every ten minutes by walking all over South Korean city parks and riverside exercise trails. They are so well used that you sometimes have to wait in line to use them! They also have far more than the basic pullup and pushup bars, they have sit up stations, and all kinds of weird contraptions not all of which I understand the use of. I even saw, in Seoul, an outdoor bench press station with a bench and barbell under a ramada!!! Amazing! One neat thing that they aren't making anymore but used to have are kung fu kicking posts, which are simply short posts set in the ground that you kick overtop of repeatedly.

I love going to parks and whatnot with my kids... I jump and swing around on the monkey bars and just "play". Great workout!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom