all posts post new thread

BOOG AGREES - Tall Kneeling is THE STUFF

Boris Bachmann

Level 8 Valued Member
I don't why I don't do more work in a tall kneeling position. Seriously, I don't know why. I know it uncovers those hip and core deficiencies like no other, but I, for whatever reason, will not keep it in my exercise rotation. Well, that's not true - I guess I do it one week a year or every two years somewhere, but that's it. I mean, I do it with swimmers but will I do it? NOOOOooooo.

Maybe seeing Eric Bugenhagen's endorsement will finally push me to make sure it stays in the rotation at least once a month. Kneeling presses, rows, and tall kneeling deadlifts will be where I'll start.

I don't why I don't do more work in a tall kneeling position. Seriously, I don't know why. I know it uncovers those hip and core deficiencies like no other, but I, for whatever reason, will not keep it in my exercise rotation. Well, that's not true - I guess I do it one week a year or every two years somewhere, but that's it. I mean, I do it with swimmers but will I do it? NOOOOooooo.

Maybe seeing Eric Bugenhagen's endorsement will finally push me to make sure it stays in the rotation at least once a month. Kneeling presses, rows, and tall kneeling deadlifts will be where I'll start.

Is that Tall Kneeling or Tall Screaming?

I am a pencil neck and I approve this message.

Makes total sense. I tried doing push downs and curls kneeling at the gym but felt a little you know, “different”. I’m sure it’s not heavy enough for ya all but plan on try this with a plate.

What was the name of the mat?

That, and kneeling squats (basically a hip thrust with a vertical torso) are very, very, very interesting.

So. This seems very bad for old knees. I like the science of it and the logic but I have learned over the years that some movements creat strength specific to those movements. In other words, doing a kneeling DL mat make you very strong in a kneeling DL but nit carry over to a full DL. As always, I recommend trying it for a cycle and then rest your regular lofts and see what happens. If you get stronger, awesome, you now have a new training variable. If not stronger then faster? If not then likely not a good fit for you.

So. This seems very bad for old knees. I like the science of it and the logic but I have learned over the years that some movements creat strength specific to those movements. In other words, doing a kneeling DL mat make you very strong in a kneeling DL but nit carry over to a full DL. As always, I recommend trying it for a cycle and then rest your regular lofts and see what happens. If you get stronger, awesome, you now have a new training variable. If not stronger then faster? If not then likely not a good fit for you.
I think if you have bad knees, you don't want to go anything close to heavy.

Quite frankly, I don't think this is a "load it up and horse-cock some weights!" thing at all (even though by posting an Eric Bugenhagen video, I'm kinda hinting that it should be) - so yeah, don't go full hog on this, a small dose will probably do just about everyone.

Whoah. Tall kneeling work never even occurred to me to try, but it makes sense how it could reveal weaknesses and correct some of those in your core. I'd think it would carry over more to upper body movements like the press than to something like deadlifts, but could be wrong. Will have to try it a little in my next training cycle to mix in with my accessory work.

Back
Top Bottom