all posts post new thread

Deadlifts for BJJ

Xene

Level 6 Valued Member
After not showing too much love to the deadlift I decided to work on it again for some months.
I think a strong deadlift has many carryovers to my BJJ training, but it must be well programmed to not mess with my regeneration.

I read through my books, articles, online courses, etc. and I'm still not sure how to start.

Then I saw that @Hector G has a DL Series 260 product (Deadlift Series 260 – More Info – The Academy).
Has anyone in here done this program? How many time per week do you deadlift? Is it compatible with 3-4x martial arts training per week?
Any feedback is very welcome.

My current options are:
- Easy strength, 10 reps per day
- Daily Dose Deadlift
- 5/3/1 with FSL 5/3 or something like this once per week
- Just a heavy 3/3 once per week
- Knock 'em dead from SF - Maybe too much volume for a BJJ guy
- ??

I would make the deadlift a priority for some time and do something like Q&D/IC as needed as an addition.

Any tipps?

After not showing too much love to the deadlift I decided to work on it again for some months.
I think a strong deadlift has many carryovers to my BJJ training, but it must be well programmed to not mess with my regeneration.

I read through my books, articles, online courses, etc. and I'm still not sure how to start.

Then I saw that @Hector G has a DL Series 260 product (Deadlift Series 260 – More Info – The Academy).
Has anyone in here done this program? How many time per week do you deadlift? Is it compatible with 3-4x martial arts training per week?
Any feedback is very welcome.

My current options are:
- Easy strength, 10 reps per day
- Daily Dose Deadlift
- 5/3/1 with FSL 5/3 or something like this once per week
- Just a heavy 3/3 once per week
- Knock 'em dead from SF - Maybe too much volume for a BJJ guy
- ??

I would make the deadlift a priority for some time and do something like Q&D/IC as needed as an addition.
I would take your last sentence and reverse your way of planning your training. Do Q&D or S&S or IC 2-3 days a week and one day a week supplement your training with the deadlift. Something like 3/3 or 3/5.

Back
Top Bottom