all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Form Check

Thanks. I guess I hadn't gotten the hang of how that works.
You can't upload a video here, but you can upload it somewhere else (YouTube, etc.) and post the link here.

I am no coach: you can disregard my comment

1:09 - I would say that you start twisting a bit too soon.
And I would swing to the chest level.
Also - I would think: "Do I pull, or do I contract the glutes and hamstrings"? Check out 0:04 - I would say that the arm can still stay connected to the body there.
On the way up:
Capture1.JPG

Thanks, friends.
I was wondering about going heavier.(@Anna, your words quoted in S&S 2.0 about being on the same weight for months ring in my ears...) As for height, I wonder if the weight plays into it: when I give the hinge all my enthusiasm, the bell just goes too high.
@Pavel: I appreciate your thoughts on thinking and when the arms separate from the body. But can you clarify for me what you mean by twist? I didn't recall anything about a twist in any of the instructions I've received.
Thanks again!

@Anna: and thank you for linking to the previous advice. It's been a while! Besides trying to fit practice in with all the busyness of life, I also had a year or so of tennis elbow that made me move tentatively with swings. So it's encouraging to have someone tell me to increase weight!

But can you clarify for me what you mean by twist? I didn't recall anything about a twist in any of the instructions I've received.
I have seen around 1.09, when you start the back swing, right side. You right shoulder rotates down. That would be happan anyway, but I would try to stay square a bit longer.

That bell is absolutely flying!Hinge looks great too. Look forward to seeing you swing a heavier bell!

Follow-up question: for a smaller guy like me, would it make more sense to go up 4 kilos rather than the 8 recommended in S&S?

Follow-up question: for a smaller guy like me, would it make more sense to go up 4 kilos rather than the 8 recommended in S&S?
Define smaller, and, of course, it depends. At 72kg I found I could manage the 8kg jumps with the TGU, but the 1 HS swings I liked 4kg better. Depends on what works for you

at 67 kg 16-24 transition did not work so well for me.
My original set was 16-24-32.
If I would do it again, I would get 16-20-24 and call it a day until I can do timeless s&s with 24. Then I would venture into clean and press with 16-20-24. Then into snatches with 16 and 20. Then I would get myself a 32 kg.

4kg jumps have worked great for me. If you can afford the space and extra bells I don’t know why you wouldn’t go with the smaller jumps.

It depends on your general strength..

I personally believe that up to 32kg, 8kg jumps is doable for swings

Back
Top Bottom