all posts post new thread

Kettlebell "Giant 1.0"

Bit off topic, but do you think you could do Giant with C&P&FSQ?

I’ve just started maximorum and really like the combo of C&P&FSQ. I’ve no intention of switching, just got me thinking.

I’ve done Giant 3.0 and loved the low rep/heavy bells and the strength gains and thought the combo of C&P&FSQ and low reps of 3.0 would work really well. Goal would purely be strength and I thought I’d use the heaviest bells I could.

Thoughts?
I like it. I finished the Giant (1,1.1, 1.2) and switched to Strong, I need low reps and was wondering between giant 3 or strong phase 1 but 2*28 is my 4 RM plus it fits in till the end of the year.

I’ve just started maximorum and really like the combo of C&P&FSQ. I’ve no intention of switching, just got me thinking.

I’ve done Giant 3.0 and loved the low rep/heavy bells and the strength gains and thought the combo of C&P&FSQ and low reps of 3.0 would work really well. Goal would purely be strength and I thought I’d use the heaviest bells I could.

Thoughts?
When I set up my latest Easy Muscle Schedule B, one day was exactly that. And don't tell @Geoff Neupert but I took the Dip/Pull-up day and did bench instead of dips...

I finished Week 2 of Giant 1.1 yesterday.

I am using the 28s for the Giant. I have completed Giant 1 & 2.0.

I feel like I have recently turned a corner with the 28s.

I began working with the 28s in May using them for Kettlebell Burn Extreme. I then used the 28s for the DCP/DFSQ part of Maximorum. At the end of Maximorum I tested the 28s and got 11 reps. The first ten were solid lifts.....and then..... It was like someone flicked a switch. The 11th rep was ugly with no chance of a 12th rep.

The 28s were challenging during 1 & 2.0. Especially as I concentrated on having good form while managing fatigue during the high rep sets of the program.

During my two weeks of 1.1, the high reps are still challenging. (Especially on heavy day) I now feel like I am lifting into those high rep sets rather than "fighting" against the bells. (I am not sure "fighting" is even the correct word.) My concentration on good form throughout the lift is paying off. I have found that if I get a good clean, the press will go up smoothly. I have found this doubly important as I manage fatigue in the lifts during the later portion of the session. It helps me to visualize the entire lift before I clean the bells for the first lift of a set.

Thoughts?
Strictly, I would say “no”. If you combined, then you (arguably) shouldn’t CALL it “Giant”.

I have used the template for JUST fsqts a couple of times (when dealing with elbow tendinitis) which probably isn’t “Giant” either, but it definitely works.

Swapping blocks of FSQT and C&P every 4-weeks seems a good template. Or maybe 2/1/2/1…

Or google “armor building complex” which is a free template that Dan John came up with (2-1-3; clean, press, FSQT; 30m clock, pick any weight you want….., i used to do it with about as heavy as I could press and take like 5-m rests……. It is pretty brutal). But it’s a “workout”, not a strategically waved program.

I finished Week 2 of Giant 1.1 yesterday.

I am using the 28s for the Giant. I have completed Giant 1 & 2.0.

I feel like I have recently turned a corner with the 28s.

I began working with the 28s in May using them for Kettlebell Burn Extreme. I then used the 28s for the DCP/DFSQ part of Maximorum. At the end of Maximorum I tested the 28s and got 11 reps. The first ten were solid lifts.....and then..... It was like someone flicked a switch. The 11th rep was ugly with no chance of a 12th rep.

The 28s were challenging during 1 & 2.0. Especially as I concentrated on having good form while managing fatigue during the high rep sets of the program.

During my two weeks of 1.1, the high reps are still challenging. (Especially on heavy day) I now feel like I am lifting into those high rep sets rather than "fighting" against the bells. (I am not sure "fighting" is even the correct word.) My concentration on good form throughout the lift is paying off. I have found that if I get a good clean, the press will go up smoothly. I have found this doubly important as I manage fatigue in the lifts during the later portion of the session. It helps me to visualize the entire lift before I clean the bells for the first lift of a set.
Inspiring mate!

Thoughts?
I'm running an experiment of this layout right now. I'm not going to call it The Giant to anyone who can hear, but I'm calling it that in my own notebook!

I've completed 1.0 and I've just started the 2nd week of 1.1. So far, it's been great. I'll know more when I run all the way through 1.2.

Edit for clarity: I'm alternating between sets of C&P and FSQ. Cleans before each press, one clean to initiate sets of front squats.

I'm running an experiment of this layout right now. I'm not going to call it The Giant to anyone who can hear, but I'm calling it that in my own notebook!

I've completed 1.0 and I've just started the 2nd week of 1.1. So far, it's been great. I'll know more when I run all the way through 1.2.

Edit for clarity: I'm alternating between sets of C&P and FSQ. Cleans before each press, one clean to initiate sets of front squats.
The GIANT rep scheme and weight intensity(10rm) instead of the Dry Fighting Weight's rep scheme and intensity(5rm)?

Really only one week of the cycle are you trying to go even close to all out.
I'm not following this...

When I look at Giant 1.1, for example, I see the same volume for each of the 4 weeks.

So, what do you mean that only for one week is all out?
(Am I in the wrong thread? ;) )

Last edited:
I'm not following this...

When I look at Giant 1.1, for example, I see the same volume for each of the 4 weeks.

So, what do you mean that only for one week is all out?
(Am I in the wrong thread? ;) )
RPE changes .. do read the program properly again ... I distinctly remember something to help you related to this topic :) Also check for 'auto-regulation' !

RPE changes .. do read the program properly again ... I distinctly remember something to help you related to this topic :) Also check for 'auto-regulation' !
I think the suggestions about RPE changes and adjusting session lengths are in this thread. They aren’t, as I recall, written into the program.

Back
Top Bottom