all posts post new thread

Bodyweight Head Rush with One Arm Pushups

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Here's a pretty old video of a OAPU:

I was trying out OAPUs with feet shoulder-width, trying to maintain as straight of a bodyline as possible. You can see the unloaded foot comes off from time to time. That is to show you three things:
1) As the feet get closer, it becomes more of a OAOLPU. Feet touching just means you have to lean to the side a bit more.
2) If you pull your shoulder blades back, you can achieve a pretty good ROM!
3) Taping from the front is useful to judge how much you lean (try to minimize the lean!). Taping from the loaded side is good for judging depth also.

Hope those tips help.

Little late to the thread guys but agree the headache can come from holding your breath which does happen sometimes in a hard variation, just as if you were doing a max deadlift. The "volume control" that @Steve Freides mentioned is key. At the SFB course and certification we speak a lot about how to wave the load and adjust the volume control for each skill and each progression. You would also hear me say 100's of times over the weekend to keep the pressure out of your face, and neck. The tension should be from the shoulder all the way down to your feet.

Little late to the thread guys but agree the headache can come from holding your breath which does happen sometimes in a hard variation, just as if you were doing a max deadlift. The "volume" that @Steve Freides mentioned is key. At the SFB course and certification we speak a lot about how to wave the load and adjust the volume for each skill and each progression. You would also hear me say 100's of times over the weekend to keep the pressure out of your face, and neck. The tension should be from the shoulder all the way down to your feet.
Thank you. Without this forum I would have attributed the headache and faintness to being ill and would have stopped training for a while! Knowledge is strength and strength is knowledge!
I'll try to get down to the States sometime in the next year for an SFG and Bodyweight certification - maybe either/or. It's far for me though! I live a bit west of Toronto, Ontario.

Thank you. Without this forum I would have attributed the headache and faintness to being ill and would have stopped training for a while! Knowledge is strength and strength is knowledge!
I'll try to get down to the States sometime in the next year for an SFG and Bodyweight certification - maybe either/or. It's far for me though! I live a bit west of Toronto, Ontario.

The great thing about our SFB certification is that anyone can attend. You have 6 months post cert to gain the required strength for the OAOLPU but you will walk away with knowledge to know exactly how to make that happen and train smart. We do have certified SFB instructors in Canada and Master SFG Jon Engum teaching the Certs in in Canada.
please let me know if you have questions

The great thing about our SFB certification is that anyone can attend. You have 6 months post cert to gain the required strength for the OAOLPU but you will walk away with knowledge to know exactly how to make that happen and train smart. We do have certified SFB instructors in Canada and Master SFG Jon Engum teaching the Certs in in Canada.
please let me know if you have questions
Your stuff is just MAGIC! Evidently taking the courses in Canada would be a lot more convenient for me, for many reasons. I think taking a proper "course" as you mentioned would be better than troubling an instructor for a few hours. I can already do the OAOLPU but there are a lot of subtleties surrounding it and everything else that I am totally clueless of!

Your stuff is just MAGIC! Evidently taking the courses in Canada would be a lot more convenient for me, for many reasons. I think taking a proper "course" as you mentioned would be better than troubling an instructor for a few hours. I can already do the OAOLPU but there are a lot of subtleties surrounding it and everything else that I am totally clueless of!
Thank you so much. I think you would enjoy the course or certification.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom