all posts post new thread

Kettlebell I'm feeling completely useless

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Good tips friends. I appreciate it!

My issue with the 5 days thing is silly but honest. I completely burn out with daily training. I can handle it and have tried it before but my enjoyment deflates unless I’m doing 3 a week. Weird mental thing perhaps. It’s a shame the first routine I fell in love with was one that is designed for daily practice, haha.

Is there a chance I should suck it up and try something more taxing and heavy duty for a few weeks M/W/F and see if it feels more like what I’m looking for?

I would say since you started this thread with feeling bad ("useless"), and now you feel string and better, don't change what you are doing!
Add some fun stuff like walking, biking, whatever else you feel like on days you feel like it, but don't change around too much!

And if you feel like experimenting with heavier days, by all means go for it! Welcome to the world of exercising liffestyle, and having fun while doing so!

Btw it is neither silly nor bad to be aware of one's reactions to different training modalities (i.e. burning out with daily practice), it puts you ahead of the curve!

You might be going too hard during your sessions if you feel burned out. The S&S routine is not a "work out", it is a "recharge". You should feel like you have more energy after it then before. To do that you must take enough rest between all sets.

Good tips friends. I appreciate it!

My issue with the 5 days thing is silly but honest. I completely burn out with daily training. I can handle it and have tried it before but my enjoyment deflates unless I’m doing 3 a week. Weird mental thing perhaps. It’s a shame the first routine I fell in love with was one that is designed for daily practice, haha.

Is there a chance I should suck it up and try something more taxing and heavy duty for a few weeks M/W/F and see if it feels more like what I’m looking for?

I agree with what @IonRod said above: take enough rest between sets.
Regarding your last sentence: to be very honest, changing programs too soon too frequently will get you nowhere eventually. Give your body and nervous system time to adapt. Remember also that you are in this for the long run. You should still be able to swing kettlebells when you are 80+ so to speak :)

Hey @Geoduck nice to see your attitude is getting stronger !

- If you are still uncomfortable with TGU's you might benefit alot from practicing the tgu steps independly.

- for swings an instructor is really best but the most common problem is shoulder packing. this is achieved by actively pulling down with your lats. which i also find dificult during swings.

- 3 times a week isnt that bad. but i find 5 times per week optimal and thats combined with physical demanding work. So you probably overexert yourself or "damage" yourself with poor form.

On the days you feel like you need a break from S&S you could do forms of loaded carries to improve shoulder stability ( i think this is your issue)
for example: Waiter Walks and Farmer walks with a weight you can comfortably handle for 1 minute helped me alot. It could help you :) Also ive seen suitcase carries mentioned to improve one arm swings in the forum too.

in a nutshell
- practice tgu step by step. until you can do each part solid THEN do full TGU's
- get your swings checked by a professional.
- Loaded Carries for variety and improved stability on offdays or after S&S might just boost your progress.

Oh and dont tell yourself that you can't, because you will do it eventually.. if you really want too :)

@Geoduck welcome to the forum. As you have seen, there are many knowledgeable people here that can and do help, which is amazing. Here is a video on how to perform the TGU that I learned from. I hope it helps you as well.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom