all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Kettlebells and Judo

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
I moved up today to the 24kg and doing both sides - rack walk and suitcase/farmer's carry. I'll work up to the overhead carry. These exercises are easy to do but clearly strengthen your whole body nicely! When I'm dong them with the 32kg, yikes, that'll make me super strong, and they develop the supporting muscles for the other lifts like the swing, the TGU and the press. I like them very much - easy to do but lots of practical strength gains! AWESOME!

@Kozushi, an excellent result - thank you for reporting back, and congratulations on your success! I am in need of a "variety" day today and I may just go for a walk with my 24 kg bell again.

As to getting back to the overhead carry, I suggest a progression:

The first thing to do is, when you have the bell overhead, just stand there for a few seconds, and try to build up a little time that way, perhaps 30 seconds.

Second thing is to move the bell just a little - not more than an inch in any direction, but this will prepare you for walking with the bell. Be _careful_ not to move more than a very small amount.

After that, the next thing is simply a few steps taken indoors, e.g., I will walk a few steps in my basement gym, turn around, and walk back again. And once you can do that, you can consider walking for some time or distance outdoors.

-S-

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom