all posts post new thread

Off-Topic Proof of concept/ Great thank you to Strongfirst

EdFouche

Level 2 Valued Member
Quick thanks to everyone in the Strongfirst community and of course Pavel!
I am currently going through a rigorous course in the military where every day has some type of maximal effort test.
Last week we had an exercise involving carrying a 60kg load all day on top of whatever sadistic tests the instructors came up with (several long marches, swamp obstacle courses, shooting drills, first aid evacuation drills etc).
I have never been the fastest, or the strongest, but it became apparent last week that I am a diesel motor that had the strength and endurance to keep going. Physically I was more than capable, sometimes even to my own amazement. More than once I found myself thinking “how the heck am I doing this so easily?”. Not just in terms of lifting and moving weight, but also work capacity and most importantly, my physical “integrity” or as Dan John refers to “armour”. I had no aches and pains and stayed safe even under great fatigue.

All of these things are due to training using Strongfirst principals. For the past 5 years I have been using principals such as GTG and 5x5 to dictate my training. Approaching training as a practice and not a workout focusing on movement quality and tension/relaxation, more recently (mostly) cycles of Q+D, kettlebell Strongfirst and S&S.
I would be lying if I said at times I didn’t have doubts about the programming and principals but after last week I am 110% convinced. These principals are the real deal.
It pays to be StrongFirst!
Thank you to this community and to maister Pavel!

Good work you sound like a badass! I wish I had awesome proof like you that these training styles work. But for me it’s more like “I’m the dad at the tee ball game that can actually do a pull up on the monkey bars” lol…or “hey honey can you replace the water bottle in the house again” and I can lift it no problem

Good work you sound like a badass! I wish I had awesome proof like you that these training styles work. But for me it’s more like “I’m the dad at the tee ball game that can actually do a pull up on the monkey bars” lol…or “hey honey can you replace the water bottle in the house again” and I can lift it no problem
I took my kids to an exotic animal encounter over the weekend and i was deemed worthy as the strongest dad and got to handle the tortoise. Thanks Strongfirst Lol.
IMG_0604.jpeg

Great job to the op. Good to see proof of concept!

Great Job and best to you in the military! Keep up the great work and don't underestimate carries and rack holds for making you strong as an ox!

Back
Top Bottom