all posts post new thread

Repeat Until Strong.

Today's practice:

- S&S move prep with 20 kg
- 10x10 one arm swings with 40, 44, 40, 40, 40
- 5x1 get-ups with 40, 44, 40, 40, 40

Today's video: Master SFG Fabio Zonin's invitation

Today's note: Check out my wife's @Justyna Mackova new Lady Strong! training log!

@Mirek I already have this book, but thank you for the link anyway, much appreciated. I need to learn Russian (again), damn.

Today's practice:

Today's video: There are 101 reasons why to become an StrongFirst SFG2. I will give you one.

Today's video: There are 101 reasons why to become an StrongFirst SFG2. I will give you one.
just great! been incorporating bent armbars lately.
The bent press is big lift. In many regards.
Currently I am appreciating getting up so much. It is so rewarding.
Your way onto sinister...!

Today's practice:

Easy. 4th day in a row. Good.

Today's picture: Legendary karate Grandmaster Gogen Yamaguchi aka “The Cat” practicing his breathing exercises under an ice cold waterfall.

So. Do your breathing exercises. Take cold showers.

go.jpg

5th day in a row, light practice in order.

Today's practice:

- 10x10 2-hand swings with 32
- 5x1 get-ups with 32

Today's picture: Eugene Sandow's straight leg situps

Do them without the weight, with a light weight, or heavier weight. Sandow preferred low rep sets (usually sets of 3).

hs.jpg

Hello,

@Pavel Macek
Is not in that Sandow's book "Sandow's System of Physical Training" that he also advocated for high reps with very light weights to learn to create tension, and said that it could be enough for most people to become incredibly strong ? (maybe I am mistaking about the book and autor ;) ) Of course, he also advocated for heavy low reps.

Kind regards,

Pet'

Specifically for this drill Sandow recommends 3 reps - not an easy exercise.

Later in his life - in order to sell more courses to general population - he advised a lot of sissified exercises. But he did not train like this himself.

Hello,

@Pavel Macek
Later in his life - in order to sell more courses to general population - he advised a lot of sissified exercises
I did not know about that. I am sorry for that question so !

So from the book, it is better consider only the heavy weight exercises, right ?

By the way, I enjoy the photo thing on each of your training log post ;)

Kind regards,

Pet'

The way Sandow as a strongman practiced, and the way Sandow as businessman taught and sold his books/courses/equipment are two very different things.

With that being said, light weight exercises and more reps have their place in training. Same goes for heavy supports, and of course regular weight training. Different drills for different reasons.

Today's practice:

- 3x5 goblet squats with 40

Today's picture:

Warren Lincoln Travis performing a dumbbell get-up - "for the entire body". From prof. Anthony Baker's A Complete Course I Heavy Dumbell Exercises to Obtain Strong Healthy Muscles, 1911.

gu.jpg

The Sinister standard is not a destination, it's a "North Star" to keep you "on course"... a finger that points the way. Get your head out of the map, look around, take on the scenery and enjoy the journey.

-
John Scott Patrick Stevens

Today's practice:

- S&S move-prep with 20
- 10x10 one arm swings with 40, 44, 44, 40, 40
- 5x1 get-ups with 40, 44, 44, 40, 40

According the plan, climbing up again. Feels alright, medium intensity training session.

Today's picture: Don't try it at home (today)

ss.jpg

"The boys have been trained for years to perform this feat. Caution should be used by boys untrained to do this."
- Life Work of Farmer Burns, 1911.​

oday's practice:

- S&S move-prep with 20
- 5x1 get-ups with 40, 44, 44, 40, 40

According the plan, climbing up again. Feels alright, medium intensity training session.

Today's picture:

Various barbell, dumbbell, and kettlebell lifts: prof. Anthony Baker's A Complete Course I Heavy Dumbell Exercises to Obtain Strong Healthy Muscles, 1911.

poster.jpg

Today's video: Hardstyle Abs workshop I taught on Saturday

Today's practice:

- S&S move-prep with 20
- 5x1 get-ups with 40, 44, 48, 40, 40

Today's note: An accidental PR

Check the numbers above. On my third get-up set, I grabbed the Beast by mistake. Left side felt a bit heavier that usually. Before I did the right side, I have noticed the number on the bell after the floor press. Left went alright, so I said, "hell!", and did a Beast get-up on my right. First Beast get-ups ever, PR! Happy!

Now back to my scheduled, patient practice.

beast.jpg beast.jpg

Hello,

@Pavel Macek
You are right to keep progressing according to your plant, but sure if your mind is ready without you realize it, your body also must be ! ;)

Kind regards,

Pet'

Back
Top Bottom