all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Shadow swing

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

taro

Level 6 Valued Member
What is the difference between a two hands swings and shadow swing?
I made a light day in the S & S and I did not know what to focus on in my swings.

2H swing you throw the bell forward with your hips, arms guiding; it floats at the top, gravity brings it back down, you lightly guide it into the hinge/backswing to swing again.

Shadow swing you throw the bell forward with your hips, arms guiding; you either let it float at the top OR arrest its ascent slightly before the float by using the lats, then by using the lats and a little extra tension in the arms you forcefully throw it down into the hinge/backswing to swing again. It will be a faster swing set than a regular 2H swing. You will feel it in the abs and lats more than anything. It's a great teacher of some advanced subtleties of the swing...

I really like them. It's surprising how much you get out of going lighter, yet changing up the focus of your swings

Hello,

@taro
the shadow swing is IMO a bit more "technical" but put a special focus on coordination. I have always considered it as far more challenging because your arms are first guiding, and secondly give inertia.

Doing them on variety day is interesting because it permits you to get new skill. Plus this arm strength will serve you for your heavier days.

Kind regards,

Pet'

Reactions: Jan
Thanks for the clarification.
Is the power swing and shadow swing the same thing?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom