all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Simple & Sinister

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Hector G

Level 4 Valued Member
Senior Certified Instructor
Elite Certified Instructor
Hey there my kettlebell swingin' friends.
Who here has completed Sinister?
How long of a journey was it?
What did you learn in the process?
If you haven't... how long have you been training for it?

Indirectly been working at it for 2 years.

Lessons so far. Strength and endurance come in waves so don't stress out if some days the bell feels heavier

I just started back three weeks ago after a decent break focusing on other programs. Working with the 28 and 32 for now. I'll let you know in a few years how long it takes me to get to the 48

I started in the lockdown in '20, did S&S 2.0 for 20 weeks, so completed the 32 to 40 transition. Then fell down the stairs and broke some toes and started RoP.

The first week of RoP felt like s***. S&S sort of detrained my press strength. But awakened my SFG 2 goals. Did do the SFG 2 last November in Paris, but still have to work on my 1/2 bodyweight press.

But since may this year I want to complete sinister aswell, but incorporate some other things and not purely S&S (like last time) So now I'm focusing on 1 main barbell lift each day and S&S afterwards. Started at 32 again and want to keep at this until 56, which I already bought to motivate myself.

The barbell lifts I'm still thinking about 531 (easy, low volume, once a week) or a sort of easy strength template.

Hi guys,
Can you help me? I have achieved the Simple goal and switched to maintenance program (doing timeless Simple twice a week). Should I do 2handed swing every second or third session on maintenance program?

Hi guys,
Can you help me? I have achieved the Simple goal and switched to maintenance program (doing timeless Simple twice a week). Should I do 2handed swing every second or third session on maintenance program?
Simple answer, yes. Continue to progress as your body allows, alternating between one and two handed swings also helps to keep people engaged in the program by providing a little bit of variety.

May I ask why you are asking, being an advanced trainee and trainer? But I am looking forward to reading more answers :)

There was a thread a while back that covered some of your questions - although it took a somewhat different direction.

Which reminds me to mention:

If anyone on the forum has achieved Sinister and doesn't see "Sinister" underneath their username, please PM me and I will fix that for you.

-S-

I'm still working on the jump to the 32. With no setbacks, I'll be fully Simple in April.

I’m about 2 months into working towards Timeless Sinister. It’s tough.

What I’ve learned is that patience is key. It’s a long road and it can seem pretty impossible at times. S&S required many different adaptations in the body and those adaptations require time. My mindset is that each day I get closer to that goal.

I also learned to just focus on one thing at a time. Focus on max power on your swings and slow and controlled movements on the get ups. Don’t focus on rest unless your training those Friday sessions or peaking.

It’s a long process, but I think Sinister is a great long-term goal and S&S is a great program for people looking for the most adaptations in the smallest package.

Simple answer, yes. Continue to progress as your body allows, alternating between one and two handed swings also helps to keep people engaged in the program by providing a little bit of variety.
Thank you!

Hi guys,
Are you aiming to move up in bell size? If yes, I'd do 2h once a week or every 5th session depending how often you practice swings and getups

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom