all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Single vs Double Handed Swing Height

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
I only use chalk on single-handed swings and then only on 32kg. I've read of people using liquid soap to "encourage" the grip but I've yet to try it.

Liquid soap?

This is an idea. That sounds a bit like the 'Dodgeball' logic of "If you can dodge a car you can dodge a ball".

If you can swing this heavy polished Kettlebell covered in KY jelly one handed you can swing anything.

The best way I have found for grip development personally is to do short sets (eg 5 swings) with the bell that your grip couldn't cope with for 10 swings and then just be patient.

The only time I tried a glove the bell went zooming away across the yard. Admittedly I was pretty stupid and just tried a glove with my regular bell. I think I would want to go down at least one bell size before trying a glove in the future.

Just adding my personal data points. Agree with @krg, good grip training is sub-maximal reps with a heavy weight, and a weight you can do 5's with but not 10's seems a suitable description of 'heavy' in this case.

About the earlier point of kettlebells, furniture, spouses, etc. - I will do swings in our family room, just staying away from all the soaped-handed stuff, and far from failure.

-S-

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom