all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Suggestions for Asymmetrical Thoracic Outlet Syndrome

Denys Carthusian

Level 5 Valued Member
Preface: I have just purchased Brett Jones's Mind The Gaps and have access to Original Strength programming. After much hard work with a variety of therapists, I still seem to have a lingering issue on my upper left side which flares on a regular basis. I am just starting Brett's video series, and I found Dan John's OS based Gin and Tonic workout (hi Dan) very helpful, but I'm curious if anyone has found specific exercises to help correct these issues over the longer term?

Keeping to a diet of S&S and Iron Cardio means a fairly predictable weight load, so I think its the ideal time to start trying to fix these issues.

Preface: I have just purchased Brett Jones's Mind The Gaps and have access to Original Strength programming. After much hard work with a variety of therapists, I still seem to have a lingering issue on my upper left side which flares on a regular basis. I am just starting Brett's video series, and I found Dan John's OS based Gin and Tonic workout (hi Dan) very helpful, but I'm curious if anyone has found specific exercises to help correct these issues over the longer term?

Keeping to a diet of S&S and Iron Cardio means a fairly predictable weight load, so I think its the ideal time to start trying to fix these issues.
Denys

Assuming the thoracic outlet is diagnosed by Dr. etc.?

The t-spine mobility work and other Mind the Gap work should be helpful.

I would avoid double bell overhead work and on everything else do not focus on forcing the shoulder "down" or "packed" but rather connected without "shoving down."

The structural issue of Thoracic outlet is not "correctable" but you can work with and around it.

Back
Top Bottom