all posts post new thread

Bodyweight A program with only crawling ?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
There seems to be a lot of support for OS on this forum. I must admit, I wasn’t sold when I first came across the concept but it’s growing on me.

There’s enough buy-in that I’d like to incorporate an abbreviated version of the resets to see how I feel. Can anyone point me in a good direction to start? Or further sell me on the principles or results?

Go to the Original strength Youtube channel. Lots of 2-3min videos showing key principles.

I use ~ 5min of resets every morning, here are my benefits...

# 1 - Using it daily allows me to gauge how my body is feeling - like checking the oil/ tyres/ water etc on your car before you use it. Great for making on the fly adjustments to your training expectations that day.

# 2 - Great mobility work throughout the entire body

# 3 - Lots of 'cross-pattern' movements help get the brain and body connected

# 4 - great warm up to training

# 5 - Get to match breathing to movement and re-enforce that pattern

# 6 - As OS creator, Tim Anderson says, "It feels good, to feel good"
There are some OS movements that make me feel amazing. Not in a euphoric way but a deep feeling of ' my body is working the way its supposed to'.

Oh and don't take my word for...like offwidth says... play with it for 5minutes a day, find the movements that get your body 'humming' and let us know the results

Go to the Original strength Youtube channel. Lots of 2-3min videos showing key principles.

I use ~ 5min of resets every morning, here are my benefits...

# 1 - Using it daily allows me to gauge how my body is feeling - like checking the oil/ tyres/ water etc on your car before you use it. Great for making on the fly adjustments to your training expectations that day.

# 2 - Great mobility work throughout the entire body

# 3 - Lots of 'cross-pattern' movements help get the brain and body connected

# 4 - great warm up to training

# 5 - Get to match breathing to movement and re-enforce that pattern

# 6 - As OS creator, Tim Anderson says, "It feels good, to feel good"
There are some OS movements that make me feel amazing. Not in a euphoric way but a deep feeling of ' my body is working the way its supposed to'.

Oh and don't take my word for...like offwidth says... play with it for 5minutes a day, find the movements that get your body 'humming' and let us know the results

Do you do the OS Big 5 or any particular reset? I will be home with the toddler for the next 10 months, so Im looking for something to do everyday. I have three OS books, but is always curious in what resets other do :)

As a desk jockey I like lying doing prone neck nods daily + rocking and crawling. I tend to neglect standing cross crawls and rolls - although those feel great.

But a lot of movements can become resets once you get a feel for it. I like to do some gentle movements on all fours where I pivot around on arm - similar to Yoga or Animal Flow. Basically I stretch and roll while having one or two hands planted on the floor.

It's really the benefit of low hanging fruit. It gives more than it costs.

Do not skip segmental rolling. To may people skip those from some reason and these are probably the highest value for sedentary people (after breathing)
Thanks, I’ll do a bit of this as well. Thankfully I’m never in one position for more than 5-10 minutes at work and am always up and down

Do you do the OS Big 5 or any particular reset? I will be home with the toddler for the next 10 months, so Im looking for something to do everyday. I have three OS books, but is always curious in what resets other do :)

My daily for some time but slowly adding/ replacing with other pieces:

Neck nod up + down >
then side to side >
Scorpion movement (rear leg reaching for opposite shoulder and twist turn) >
Commando rocking >
Hindu push ups on knees >
Ice skater (all fours contralateral arm leg raise to rear)
Baby crawl
Salamander crawl (stationary)

These are my go to moves. Sometimes I spend 2-3min just neck nods and cruise through the rest at 30s a piece - I just let my body guide me...

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom