all posts post new thread

Kettlebell A Revelation from the Forum (thanks!)

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
@offwidth That's pretty solid logic. Since getting my mountain bike legs back under me is part of my goal, I think I'll save the coin and opt for the cheaper "hunk of iron." Good to see a cyclist here!

The only thing I would say about going cheap is that if you think you might ever be interested in incorporating renegade rows into your training (which you would if you were to run Pavel's Total Tension Complex double kettlebell program, for example), you want to make sure your KBs are of a high enough quality to have a totally flat base. I learnt the hard way when I left my good KBs in Australia while I moved to the UK and bought some cheap ones there. They were put together very shoddily and rocked and rolled as a result - so I was without renegades for a long time.

Having said that, you've mentioned two brands which have very good reputations so I'm pretty sure you can't go wrong with either of them!

Last edited:
Just finished my Saturday morning training. I slowed things down to 10 swings EMOM, focused on form and power. The workout felt great, but I definitely need to move up in weight.

Also, started a training log here (Adam's S&S Training Log). It will be interesting (to me at least) to see how I progress in the next few months.

Thanks again, everyone, for the input!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom