all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed ABC program

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

pood_swinger

Level 3 Valued Member
hello friends.
I started doing the ABC program from the app this week and I have some newbie questions about it.
a.- is it a big change if I use double KBs? I was doing the giant right before this one so I figured I'd keep using the same 16kg pair as before
b.- time. why is it limited to 30min? if I shorten the rest periods I end up doing more reps at the cost of more fatigue (like on monday I ended up doing 60 C&P total but had to start the next set with HR above 140bpm and peaked at 176bpm). If I do it autoregulated a la S&S I end up doing less reps or go above the time prescribed
c.- one thing I assumed is having to do a clean before a press but re reading the overview it only says MP
thanks in advance

hello friends.
I started doing the ABC program from the app this week and I have some newbie questions about it.
a.- is it a big change if I use double KBs? I was doing the giant right before this one so I figured I'd keep using the same 16kg pair as before
b.- time. why is it limited to 30min? if I shorten the rest periods I end up doing more reps at the cost of more fatigue (like on monday I ended up doing 60 C&P total but had to start the next set with HR above 140bpm and peaked at 176bpm). If I do it autoregulated a la S&S I end up doing less reps or go above the time prescribed
c.- one thing I assumed is having to do a clean before a press but re reading the overview it only says MP
thanks in advance
A. Dbl.'s are fine, maybe preferred, unless you want the extra squat reps.
B. Have not heard of a 30 min. limit on ABC, have heard shoot for 12-15- 18 or so very solid rounds.
C. 2 Cleans 1 Press 3 Squats, The press is ready to go after the second clean.

A. Dbl.'s are fine, maybe preferred, unless you want the extra squat reps.
B. Have not heard of a 30 min. limit on ABC, have heard shoot for 12-15- 18 or so very solid rounds.
C. 2 Cleans 1 Press 3 Squats, The press is ready to go after the second clean.
oh, I'm talking about the All Bases Covered plan, from the app

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom