all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Anyone use jump squats

Mountain Tactical Institute uses a couple of complexes named "Leg Blasters" and Mini-Leg Blasters" that include body weight squats, body weight lunges, body weight jumping squats, and body weight jumping lunges, that are programmed for outdoor athletes and tactical athletes. I have used both complexes in preparation for ski season with excellent results.

MTI also uses another complex called Quadzilla Complex for outdoor and tactical athletes.

Attached is a link to a study completed by MTI as it related to the programming of Leg Blaster and Quadzilla Complex for strength gains

Last edited:
Generally I use KBs and DBs.

I'll usually go down until the knee touches, but I've also only gone done halfway because I was holding more weight than I could do a full ROM with. I generally revolve everything (depth, position of the trailing leg) around the hip mechanics -- especially when I'm doing explosive work, because that's when the form goes first. I find more stability when my working leg is at 90 degrees, so some days it feels best just to stay at that depth.

Sometimes the trailing leg is closer to being below me (so I'll put the top of my foot on the ground, instead of the ball of my feet, so I can't push off of it for a cheat) and other times it's kind of diagonally to the side. It's hard to say because it really does depend on how my hips feel like working that day: I put the leg wherever I find the correct groove.

I keep emphasizing the hip mechanics because the reason I prefer the B-squat is it lets me train bilaterally, but also lets me corkscrew my leg outwards like in an actual squat. Lunges don't really let me corkscrew my legs with the power that a B-squat does. I figured out that lets me train with all the weight moved of one-legged work, but with the tension techniques of a full squat, so I just kind of feel out the set-up until I find the position that lets me activate everything I'm trying to activate. Then I just rep out that position for the day.
Thanks, gonna try these next squat cycle.

Mountain Tactical Institute uses a couple of complexes named "Leg Blasters" and Mini-Leg Blasters" that include body weight squats, body weight lunges, body weight jumping squats, and body weight jumping lunges, that are programmed for outdoor athletes and tactical athletes. I have used both complexes in preparation for ski season with excellent results.

MTI also uses another complex called Quadzilla Complex for outdoor and tactical athletes.

Attached is a link to a study completed by MTI as it related to the programming of Leg Blaster and Quadzilla Complex for strength gains

The Leg Blaster program looks brutal.

Back
Top Bottom