all posts post new thread

Are you struggling with having your loved ones to start exercising?

John K, What a Turkey :)
There was no communism there.
I'll give you a joker. A small country but with some of the best Olympic weightlifters in the world in terms of number of medals since this sport has existed. Even the greatest Turkish weightlifter was born and raised in my country, who for political reasons emigrated and started competing for Turkey. May God forgive him.
Even a type of squat is named after my country :)
In Turkey, service in the army is quite tough. At least that's what I know.
But you don't have to be so familiar with these facts and the geographical location of countries that are small and far from the US. No problem.

Last edited:
other than the military there are a lot of other ways to building these qualities, including athletics and recreational activities such as hunting and backpacking.
I learned a ton doing long canoe and hiking trips in my youth. You learn some perseverance when you are 3 days out from your exit port and it is raining every day all day all while having a great time.

John K, What a Turkey :)
There was no communism there.
I'll give you a joker. A small country but with some of the best Olympic weightlifters in the world in terms of number of medals since this sport has existed. Even the greatest Turkish weightlifter was born and raised in my country, who for political reasons emigrated and started competing for Turkey. May God forgive him.
Even a type of squat is named after my country :)
In Turkey, service in the army is quite tough. At least that's what I know.
But you don't have to be so familiar with these facts and the geographical location of countries that are small and far from the US. No problem.
I meant no disrespect in my lack of knowledge of Turkey. My brother in law was there for a time and introduced me to Turkish Cofffee which I absolutely love. But that’s the extent of my modern knowledge!

I meant no disrespect in my lack of knowledge of Turkey. My brother in law was there for a time and introduced me to Turkish Cofffee which I absolutely love. But that’s the extent of my modern knowledge!
I never thought of such a thing. I'm just not from that country, although we often enjoy traveling there because it's our neighbor.
I know you are a decent person who is always willing to give advice and help, as are all the people on this forum. However, here we are united by things for which it does not matter what part of the world you are from.

I never thought of such a thing. I'm just not from that country, although we often enjoy traveling there because it's our neighbor.
I know you are a decent person who is always willing to give advice and help, as are all the people on this forum. However, here we are united by things for which it does not matter what part of the world you are from.
Oh! I must have you confused with someone else. Apologies.

Reactions: Ege
A reminder that the subject of this thread was getting loved ones to exercise. We have managed to venture to other things but let’s stay on topic for this one, please.

Thanks.

-S-

I will follow up on Steve’s request and try to stay in the topic.

Plan Strong and/or Built strong plans make a great entry point to strength practice for a half heartedly motivated person.

Especially I am thinking of Fabio’s article Simple Strength for Difficult Times: An 8-Week Progressive Plan | StrongFirst

It is not easy to beat the simplicity of that program. Sandwich it with S&S warm up and cool downs, here you have your strength plan for any person on the planet.

I will give this a go w my girlfriend. I will update you on this.

Go fight in one?

Scarcity mindset imo. Not enough water: step up desalination, not enough food: stop legislation that hurts farmers, not enough power: improve our aging infrastructures that leak energy.
Dude read between the lines.

I'm not a fan of Turkish Delight, but Turkish food is amazing. Coffee and tea both - also amazing

You didn’t double space though bruh
Real answer: I'd never go fight in some bullshit war for politicians that don't give a s*** because I value my own life too much, but if half of "humanity" wiped itself off the face of the earth I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

Back to the original topic, I had success convince my gf to train twice a week, one day by her own and one day with me (using kettlebell/barbell). On her own training day it is very simple. 3 sets of
Even a type of squat is named after my country
to failure.
I think I read from someone else on the forum, maybe from @LukeV about even training once per week can be great thing. We're trying to keep it.

I successfully got my wife to start training by stopping nagging her about it and not trying to coach her or help program.

Seriously teaching her to hinge was brutal. Then she hires a coach who tells her the same cues verbatim and it made sense for her.
100%, wifey hates getting advice from me. Literally have to bite my tongue whenever she does pushups.

@Ege my wife subscribes to peloton and does follow along workouts. Think it’s like $10 a month. They are pretty legit if you find a trainer you like on there. I’ve built her up a nice collection of dumbbells, just got her some new 25’s (she hates my plate loaded ones for whatever reason.)

100%, wifey hates getting advice from me. Literally have to bite my tongue whenever she does pushups.

@Ege my wife subscribes to peloton and does follow along workouts. Think it’s like $10 a month. They are pretty legit if you find a trainer you like on there. I’ve built her up a nice collection of dumbbells, just got her some new 25’s (she hates my plate loaded ones for whatever reason.)
Thanks for the tip! I will show her the app, Let’s see what she thinks…

Back
Top Bottom